OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Closet Reapers??

Started by jordanz7935, July 01, 2023, 10:27:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GobbleNut

Quote from: guesswho on July 14, 2023, 08:21:17 AM
Quote from: Paulmyr on July 14, 2023, 08:09:36 AM
I hear 70 is the new 50!
I'm in trouble then.   I barely survived 50 the first time. 
Quote from: Happy on July 14, 2023, 08:23:28 AM
Haven't seen 50 yet, but I make the 40s look as good or better than the 20's.

:TooFunny:  A bit of levity at these times is a good idea...

As for our ages and decade references, I barely remember the 50's...much less the 40's or 20's.  At this point in time, I am just hoping that 72 is the new 71.  You will reach a point where you only count one year at a time...   ;D :angel9:

Happy

Quote from: Paulmyr on July 14, 2023, 08:38:34 AM
I hear 70 is the new 50!

I hear that and I'm not sure I'm getting any more intelligenter either!
I can tell by your verbage that you, sir, are a man among men.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Paulmyr

Quote from: Happy on July 14, 2023, 09:22:13 AM
Quote from: Paulmyr on July 14, 2023, 08:38:34 AM
I hear 70 is the new 50!

I hear that and I'm not sure I'm getting any more intelligenter either!
I can tell by your verbage that you, sir, are a man among men.

I try, all that grammatical stuff was my strong point but a  6th grade edgemucation only gets a man so far.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

deerhunt1988

Quote from: Paulmyr on July 14, 2023, 01:36:00 AM
One of the biggest contributors to this decline seems to have been the introduction of CRP when the farm bill was signed in 1985. This program appears to be responsible for the desecration of millions of acres of possible polt rearing habitat by paying for the  implementation of poorly managed pine forest and invasive grasses that are of little use to turkeys just out of the egg in the name of erosion control and protecting water quality.

On the contrary, the drastic LOSS of CRP acreage in the midwest (think Kansas, Nebraska) is likely a major contributing factor to their turkey decline the past decade. Millions of acres of potential nesting/brood rearing habitat converted to ag.

Paulmyr

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on July 14, 2023, 10:07:34 AM
Quote from: Paulmyr on July 14, 2023, 01:36:00 AM
One of the biggest contributors to this decline seems to have been the introduction of CRP when the farm bill was signed in 1985. This program appears to be responsible for the desecration of millions of acres of possible polt rearing habitat by paying for the  implementation of poorly managed pine forest and invasive grasses that are of little use to turkeys just out of the egg in the name of erosion control and protecting water quality.

On the contrary, the drastic LOSS of CRP acreage in the midwest (think Kansas, Nebraska) is likely a major contributing factor to their turkey decline the past decade. Millions of acres of potential nesting/brood rearing habitat converted to ag.

I won't argue with that point because I believe it to be true as well. I should have specified the comments in my post were related to the southeastern US. Where I think it might differ in the relation to the implementation of CRP in the southeast is that most CRP in the prairie region was not in invasive mat forming grasses.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

eggshell

How about some more hillbilly wisdom. After 65 you should be more concerned with the condition of your prostrate than winning a pissing contest. Youain't winning much with a dribble.

seems like the internet is a new form of validation, see I can still pee just as far as you younguns. Only here you don't have to prove it.

guesswho

Since no proof is required, I'm a streamer amongst dribblers. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

crow

I stream on electric fences just to hit the high Kee Kee notes on a yelper

El Pavo Grande

Quote from: eggshell on July 14, 2023, 11:05:09 AM
How about some more hillbilly wisdom. After 65 you should be more concerned with the condition of your prostrate than winning a pissing contest. Youain't winning much with a dribble.

seems like the internet is a new form of validation, see I can still pee just as far as you younguns. Only here you don't have to prove it.

VALIDATION...... the desire of which has led to much of these cuttin' of corners amongst hunters and marketed by the hunting industry "experts and celebrities".  It's probably an addiction to rival drugs and gambling.   Likes, shares, and views fed by the need to be entertained.  All at the expense of the old wild  turkey, just trying to scratch out an existence. 

Paulmyr

Quote from: guesswho on July 14, 2023, 11:28:05 AM
Since no proof is required, I'm a streamer amongst dribblers.

Being no proof is required, I'm afraid I'll be putting many of you fellas at a disadvantage as my stream begins further beyond the starting line than most!

eggshell

Well Paul, as an old farm boy I learned if your stuck plowing with a two bottom plow instead of a three bottom, you just make more rounds and take a little longer doing the job. I hear some prefer it that way.

Paulmyr

Quote from: eggshell on July 14, 2023, 05:34:16 PM
Well Paul, as an old farm boy I learned if your stuck plowing with a two bottom plow instead of a three bottom, you just make more rounds and take a little longer doing the job. I hear some prefer it that way.

It can be a curse for sure but I try not to let it bother me. The women don't seem to mind my short feet!

Yoder409

Quote from: Paulmyr on July 14, 2023, 02:44:48 PM
Quote from: guesswho on July 14, 2023, 11:28:05 AM

Being no proof is required, I'm afraid I'll be putting many of you fellas at a disadvantage as my stream begins further beyond the starting line than most!

:TooFunny:

Roll up the pants boys !!!   It's too late to save yer shoes.

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Happy

Yeah, it clearly became unbelievable after my making 40 look better than 20 post.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Greg Massey

Y'all bring new meaning to the outdoors.... I just hope none of you have to hike your legs ...  :TooFunny: