turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Forum Shutdown

Started by joey46, June 29, 2023, 04:59:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joey46

Not this one. The long established Florida Sportsman forum will shut down today. Just an IMO but it shows me what happens when the heaviest forum traffic is in the Off Topic/Politics sections. I hope this forum continues for years to come.

Tom007

X2, our administrators due a great job keeping this forum on track. The quality of the members here will hopefully keep it going for many years to come.....
"Solo hunter"

Turkeybutt

Quote from: Tom007 on June 29, 2023, 05:33:43 AM
X2, our administrators due a great job keeping this forum on track. The quality of the members here will hopefully keep it going for many years to come.....

I agree wholeheartedly and we as members can help keep this forum on track by:
•  Reporting suspected scammers
•  Supporting the forum.   

zelmo1

We have a great group here. This is a turkey hunting, and all that is connected, site. Lets keep it positive and on point. Too bad that other groups suffer because of differences not related to the forum. Good healt and luck to everyone. Z

joey46

I no longer post on the other turkey forum.  We had a difference of opinion and I didn't need the blood pressure rise. I learned all I needed to know about a certain brand of TSS.  For turkey hunters this forum is just fine.  Turkey hunting is my only passion so let's all keep it going.

Greg Massey

I agree, a great forum with an awesome group with lots of knowledge about wild turkey chasing.  It's up to all of us to keep the forum going forward... Shannon and his wife do an awesome job of overseeing this forum...

GobbleNut

Agree on all counts.
...And speaking for those of us that are barely tolerable, thanks to everybody for putting up with us for all these  years.  :angel9:   ;D   :newmascot:

hawkeye1958

I check this forum every day,

I love the "No drama" posts

Old Timer

Thumbs up to our administrators!

Paulmyr

As long as we keep it so it's  just turkey hunters posting on this site and keep the turkey killers away!!!!! :z-guntootsmiley:
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

runngun

I am here every few hours at least. This is the place!!!!

Y'all have a good one, Bocephus

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Marc

Quote from: joey46 on June 29, 2023, 04:59:45 AM
Just an IMO but it shows me what happens when the heaviest forum traffic is in the Off Topic/Politics sections. I hope this forum continues for years to come.
I enjoy this forum.

There is an air and presidence of decorum, and the topics of discussion generally center around hunting in some manner.  As long as I am opining about turkey hunting, I can be relatively confident that (most) discussions will remain civil, and hopefully informative.

However, I am also on other forums, in which there are sections for political discussion, and I also see value in this.  For many, there are fewer and fewer public forums to espouse their social political opinions.  Bannings on Facebook, Instigram, etc...

So while I would NOT want to see this forum change direction, and it is nice to go to some hunting/fishing forums, without falling into a political debate...  I also think it is nice to have forums in which political and social dicussions can be had and shared without the fear of being banned, or worse canceled.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

joey46

Agree in principle with some trepidation of were that can lead if you try and accommodate too many factions.   I was active on the FS forum since about 2004.  Last year I was banned for  comments directed at a very prolific liberal poster who had not posted a hunting/fishing comment for years.  I did find one of his from 2012 that mentioned hunting  He was one of many that followed this pattern of using a sportsman forum for any purpose but. While it is often said to just not read these sections at times it became the same as trying not to look at a car accident while driving by.  After a while it became noticeable that many long time members were gone. Whether they were banned or just fed up I don't know.  The forum never recovered.  It is now history.

btodd00

I have been on and off Florida sportsman forum as long as it has been around (didn't follow the fishing forums much). I have seen some disagreements on here but I have seen some feuds on Florida sportsman that spanned years and would spill into almost every post somehow no matter the author. People posting information about wma's and waterfowl areas out of spite to other members also happened frequently

This is a far better place to be   

joey46

Lol - if you mentioned the turkey quota application period during November you would receive death threats by PM.