News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Vest on or off when setting up?

Started by Tail Feathers, June 04, 2023, 03:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey stew

Neill_Prater

Off. Use a lounger virtually 100% of the time. Have been experimenting with non vest options the last couple of years.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Wigsplitter

When I hunted in a vest I kept it on - but have switched to a glenda green satchel and keep it beside me on the ground now - I'm freed up

eddie234

Vest stays on, makes it easier to access my call and gear. Plus I wouldn't be able to use the butt pad or back support if it was off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Cowboy

Sometimes remove it. Always unbuckle it and move shoulder straps out some. More freedom of movement.  After burning up this last part of May, considering going vest free next year. At least in the warmer weeks....

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Scottf270

I remove my vest. Get out what I need. Lay vest down next to me.

zelmo1

In a blind it comes off, run n gunnin it stays on. I move so little and slow that it doesnt bother me, lol. Z

deathfoot

Depends. If I know I'm on a long sit in the afternoon, like watching a field or something similar, I take it off. Otherwise, it stays on.

CALLM2U

I can't think of time I took my vest off when setting up on a gobbler.   

Marc

Yes... :toothy12:

Generally vest is on...  The padding on the back of my vest makes it more comfortable to lean against a tree.  I do NOT feel it restricts my movement while sitting at a tree.

But, when I am hunting a large saddle, and might have to make a quick/decisive move, I often have the vest off.  I wear my diaphragm wallet/necklace around my neck, so I always have a call on my person.

Last year, I took my vest off to make a decisive move...  Which turned into another, and then another...  When I killed the bird, I was some distance from my original position, & it took me some time to work my way back to my vest (with the bird) and to find my vest.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

DROCK

I've always kept it on but this year I had no choice to to take it off when the gobbler worked its way behind me.  Now I will keep it off.

jhoward11

Yoder409

Haven't worn my vest in over a decade.  But, when I did...... I left it on when set up.

Went to a small belt or "fanny" pack and wouldn't do it ANY other way, now.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Lone Star Eastern

I don't feel too restricted of movement in the rng200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Timer

I have always kept it on unbuckled. Never caused a problem with movement. If I am setting in a blind in chair which is not very often I will take it off.