only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Off season fitness programs?

Started by Brad_Colvin, June 02, 2023, 03:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey stew

Eating tater chips are good for the hands, wrist, and elbows.  :TooFunny:

WV Flopper

Typical turkey season grub from my tailgate little Chad grill.

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

joey46

I walk 6 days a week.  Usually 1 - 3 mile pre measured routes.  I found walking the same routes became boring so I have many treks planned out.  Really makes a difference.
Btw - we may have seen why you never use plastic utensils to eat steak. :TooFunny:

WV Flopper

Those actually had made it through 3 seasons. They are not your average plastic utensils. Bought two sets, still have one complete, obviously the other, is missing a fork. It got worse!

nativeks

I ride my gravel bike alot. So much that my legs hurt so bad last night I took tylenol to go to sleep. Then I took Tylenol again today so I could ride again. However they feel pretty good currently, and tomorrow will be a rest day.

Sir-diealot

I will be doing a lot of walking, trying to get to certain waterfalls and such for my photography. With that comes carrying a backpack with lenses and tripods in it as well as other gear. One place I intend to go I will be paying a friends son to hull the stuff into, just to much for my back and knee at this point. All this may be changed as I am trying to get surgery on the three middle toes of my left foot, this season was simply excruciating and not as fun as it could have been, walking on the sides of your toes is no fun at all.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

mcw3734

When it comes to exercise, its simple: you get out of it what you put into it. You don't have to turn into David Goggins, but making the lifestyle choice to include reasonably intensive strength training and cardio, along with a proper diet, on a near daily basis will do things for your body and mind you wouldn't believe were possible. Forget about doing it for turkey or elk in Idaho, that'll just be a nice side benefit.

Up until 40, I just did cardio to "keep from getting fat". And yeah, it worked. But then I decided to add strength training. I found an experienced trainer and hired him for 6-7 sessions where he built weight routines for me and enlightened me on a proper diet. That was 8 years ago and, BY FAR, the best money I've ever spent on myself.

The gym is the closest thing there is to a Fountain of Youth. Believe it!

Happy

Quote from: WV Flopper on June 02, 2023, 09:53:46 PM
Typical turkey season grub from my tailgate little Chad grill.

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk
That looks about perfect. I would probably pass on the potatoes most days. Not because I don't like them though. You travel well.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

TrackeySauresRex

Almost 58 and always in shape. Yes, round is a shape.  :funnyturkey:

Seriously, I always feel I'm never in good enough shape. A little beat up now, shoulders, back, knees all part of getting old and still pushing forward. One time I was close to 280. Trimmed up to a shay under 210. I'm floating around 220 right now.
  I still play basketball 2 times a week in an over 50 league (competitively). I have a stationary bike I like to pedal on now on off days. Nothing crazy 1/2 hour a day roughly 7mi. Gets a sweat in. With some walking as well. I do stay active with my hobbies.
  My big down fall is my diet! And during hunting season it's horrible. I'm ready to get after it again and get serious. Maintaining and consistency is tough. As they say.... Everything in moderation.

B~Well Johnny
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

GobbleNut

My off-season routine is going back and forth from the recliner to the refrigerator several times a day.   ;D  :angel9:

Tail Feathers

Quote from: GobbleNut on June 03, 2023, 01:53:25 PM
My off-season routine is going back and forth from the recliner to the refrigerator several times a day.   ;D  :angel9:
.  My brother! :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

deathfoot

tal

This impromptu poll shows most of us need to do more..  :TooFunny:
Staying in good shape (especially as the years creep up) gives an overall better quality of life, hunting included.

Dtrkyman

Explains the shape of some of the boys I ran into this spring...haha

Tail Feathers

My wife says I get a lot of exercise RUNNING my mouth, JUMPING to conclusions and PUSHING my luck.   ;D
Love to hunt the King of Spring!