turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Poult sightings 2023

Started by bossgobbler, May 31, 2023, 09:39:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twowithone

Saw my first poult sightings last week. 2 hens followed by 9 poults.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Shiloh

This is encouraging.  I am pretty sure that we didn't have the best hatch this year in MS.  Several big thunderstorm systems throughout the hatching period, but I don't think it was terrible, plus we had the best hatch that we've had in a long time last year.

Yoder409

Lots of hens.........  Not a single poult seen, yet, by my brother or me.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Haypatch

Got a couple pics over the weekend of 3 hens and about 20 poults in north Ms!  i cant get pics to load if someone would like i'll email them! Pretty amazing for our area!

Badger

I saw 1 hen with 6 poults in Midwest, 6 gobblers and hens w/no poults.  I have not saw any poults in PA.

Cowboy

Hen and at least 4 half grow poults today.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

tracker vi

Hen and 8 3/4 grown poults today.

Bolandstrutters

Over the weekend driving through central Missouri i saw 4 different hens in 3 different counties.  Two of them had around ten poults, and the other two had 6-8.  All flying size.  I need to tally up my total, but so far I have yet to see a poultless hen and I would say the average number of poults per hen is probably close to 8.  Quite a few with 10-12.  Poult sightings are in the hundreds for me and I usually don't see hardly any. 

squidd

Poults are getting big in central FL :z-winnersmiley:

Hook hanger

Quote from: Bolandstrutters on August 17, 2023, 08:03:08 AM
Over the weekend driving through central Missouri i saw 4 different hens in 3 different counties.  Two of them had around ten poults, and the other two had 6-8.  All flying size.  I need to tally up my total, but so far I have yet to see a poultless hen and I would say the average number of poults per hen is probably close to 8.  Quite a few with 10-12.  Poult sightings are in the hundreds for me and I usually don't see hardly any.

Seen a few poultless hens in northwest Missouri and seen a couple last night in Central Missouri. Overall has been a good hatch in Missouri probably a 2-2.5 poult per hen average. Its amazing what dry conditions can do so predators don't smell them.

deerhunt1988

89 hens and 91 poults for me since June 1
36 gobbs

Tons of year old birds though, and the groups of hens (i assume jennies) without poults have skewed my poult per hen ratio a bit

3bailey3

Dang Nathan that all in N Ms

Hook hanger

Seen 3 more poultless hens yesterday  :(

Yoder409

Still waiting to see the first one.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

JeffC

crazy that its almost Sept. and I finally saw the poults, 7 of them with 2 hens.   
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr