turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Boot Dryer / Gloves / Hats

Started by Greg Massey, May 23, 2023, 02:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kayl

I have 2 dryers, a 2 post folding one and a 4 post one. With 3 kids we always are running them in the winter and spring.

https://www.amazon.com/DryGuy-Force-Dryer-Glove-Articulating/dp/B01LZE505J

https://www.amazon.com/DryGuy-Forced-Boot-Dryer-Garment/dp/B010A5J5FU

We're happy with both.

slicksbeagles1

Anyone ever tried the drop in peet dryers?

Twowithone

Another vote for Peet. Ive had mine 25yrs+ no complaints.
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

jmart241

Peet mines at least 30 years old still works great got alot of use when kids where young drying football spikes

RutnNStrutn

Another vote for Peet. Never had any problems with the 2 I have - 1 at home, and 1 at my hunt camp.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Meleagris gallopavo

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on May 23, 2023, 05:52:32 PM
I've had this one for 10-12 years and has served me well. Heat/no heat and a timer for the fan up to 3 hours. Used almost daily during turkey season and deer season.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Same here.  I use for boots and gloves.  Didn't know about Peet but may get one for waders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

TauntoHawk

Costco had a double Peet's on sale last year, comes in really handy for when the kids play in the snow to dry gloves ect. Keep mine at the cabin

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Brillo

My son has an electric Peet which works great.  I have a propane Peet that I bought for hunting trips with my tent.  That one if pretty slow and works OK.

Tom007

I have a Field & Stream Boot dryer. Inexpensive, works great. Had it for about 10 years so far....
"Solo hunter"

Ozark Ridge Runner

I have the floor model Peet and also the travel model that are handy when flying somewhere to hunt.

Paulmyr

Bought some waterproof socks this spring and while reading up on waterproof liners I found out most liners have a spray on membrane that is heat sensitive. Makes sense now that all the stuff I buy that's not Gortex starts leaking after the 1st winter when I start using my boot dryers. Pretty sure it's affected some of my breathable waders as well.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

derek

Another Peet fan.  I put an inverter in the bed of my truck for it.  Quite the convenience when on the road and living out of a vehicle.
www.youtube.com/thebaysidelegion

www.thebaysidelegion.com

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Paulmyr on June 28, 2023, 11:02:25 AM
Bought some waterproof socks this spring and while reading up on waterproof liners I found out most liners have a spray on membrane that is heat sensitive. Makes sense now that all the stuff I buy that's not Gortex starts leaking after the 1st winter when I start using my boot dryers. Pretty sure it's affected some of my breathable waders as well.
Never had that problem but will keep it in mind, thanks for the tip. What brand of socks did you end up getting and is there much of a seam on them? Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Paulmyr

I bought the Randy Sun knee high socks. Barely noticeable seems in the toe area but have you to look hard to see them. I tucked my pant legs in to my boots to keep ticks out and thorns got in and poked holes in them. I'd have to go with the gator route to keep thorns out if I were to buy another pair or 2.
They worked great until the thorns got into my boots.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Paulmyr on June 29, 2023, 07:49:52 PM
I bought the Randy Sun knee high socks. Barely noticeable seems in the toe area but have you to look hard to see them. I tucked my pant legs in to my boots to keep ticks out and thorns got in and poked holes in them. I'd have to go with the gator route to keep thorns out if I were to buy another pair or 2.
They worked great until the thorns got into my boots.
Thanks. How are the seems on the tops and bottoms? I have nerve damage in my left foot pretty bad and tend to feel every little wrinkle.

Truly not trying to start an argument, but I do not understand the tuck the pants in the [boots] keep ticks out thing, it would seem it would allow them to fall into the boots vs. tying the pants at the bottom snugly especially if pants and boots were treated with Permethrin. Again truly not trying to start an argument.

Edit: I can see your method working well with the gaiters you mention.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."