OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Boot Dryer / Gloves / Hats

Started by Greg Massey, May 23, 2023, 02:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Do any of you use Boot Dryer? How do you like them and what brand is a good one?

NCSWAMPFOX

love them and have been using since they came out. think current brand at farm is Peet. have had this particular one for 16 years

guesswho

Peet, and works great.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

MJW

SwampRooster17

Another vote for peet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Jeremy

Yep. Peet dryers are great. Circulate air to dry out boots effectively without overheating them.

Mine is at least 10-12 years old and still performs as well as it did on day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

I have the Peet. You would think with it not having a fan that it would not work but it actually does an extremely thorough job. I do not have the glove attachments.......Yet.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

tal

Peet. The tubes work like a chimney, heated air rises and circulates. Overnight dry without over drying.

spiggy2

Another vote for Peet. Always take mine with me when I'm traveling to hunt.
"Believe me, you will find more lessons in the woods than in books. Trees and stones will teach you what you cannot learn from masters." - St. Bernard of Clairvaux

Wigsplitter

Spring Creek Calls

I've had this one for 10-12 years and has served me well. Heat/no heat and a timer for the fan up to 3 hours. Used almost daily during turkey season and deer season.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

slicksbeagles1

Peet! You guys won't believe it but mine is 30 years old and still going strong. It is amazing if your boots get wet they will be dry in the morning. Like others have said use them after hunting every day and drys the inside from where you sweat. Also it will not dry the leather out like direct heat does.

Howieg

Peet for dry feet ,  hard to beat ,  pretty neat , if dry feet is what you seek .
   Sorry , I got carried away .

OJR

My Peet boot drier is one of the first things I throw in the truck whether I'm going Turkey, Deer, or Duck
hunting. Or even fishing for that matter. They are awesome. I have the wader extensions and it amazes me that each morning my waders are warm and dry after wading and sweating in them for hours.
And the kicker is that they are cheap!!
Get one and you will be a happy camper.

captpete

Yep, just like everybody has said...Peet!  Mine is a Cabela's brand made by Peet. I've had it for about 25 years and it's still going. I looked into the glove dryer attachment several years ago. It had so-so reviews. If I remember right, it seems like most of the complaints are from people trying to dry waterproof gloves....something with the waterproof membrane not letting the air circulate right or not letting the moisture out of the fingers. There might be something to that. I have a pair of waterproof gloves I wear for snow removal and they get damp from sweating. I've put them on my boot dryer attachment and left them for several days. The palm area gets dry but the fingers stay damp. The fingers are warm from the dryer, but still damp. The fingers of those gloves dry just as well by hanging them up as they do on the dryer. I've also put non-waterproof gloves on it and they will be completely dry in a day.