OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Situation addressed

Started by deerhunt1988, May 21, 2023, 08:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossyguy

Back when I had FB I was lurking on that page for a bit. The amount of idiocy on that page would blow your mind. I saw a few posts where folks, who were hunting in Mississippi, posted pics of themselves with two birds, claiming they shot at one but got two. Either they were extremely cocky or very stupid. I reported them to our local GW but who knows what happened. I feel for those who have to brave public land with the likes of these people.

Wigsplitter

Quote from: Howieg on May 22, 2023, 09:43:42 AM
Beware of the guy who just throws a dead gobbler into back of his truck / beware of the guy who doesn't straighten a gobblers wings and feathers for a good picture /  this was told to me by Mr ken Morgan on his front porch around 1988 ,, I've never forgot it ...

Great measuring tool to go by on how important a turkey is to a hunter!!

deerhunt1988

Situation was addressed. Out of respect for those involved, screenshot has been removed.

Thanks to yall who helped hold the party accountable for the unacceptable behavior!

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: Howieg on May 22, 2023, 09:43:42 AM
Beware of the guy who just throws a dead gobbler into back of his truck / beware of the guy who doesn't straighten a gobblers wings and feathers for a good picture /  this was told to me by Mr ken Morgan on his front porch around 1988 ,, I've never forgot it ...
Someone buy this man a beer!! Very well said,I'll add the foot on the head to that list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deathfoot

Quote from: Mossyguy on May 22, 2023, 10:04:05 AM
Back when I had FB I was lurking on that page for a bit. The amount of idiocy on that page would blow your mind. I saw a few posts where folks, who were hunting in Mississippi, posted pics of themselves with two birds, claiming they shot at one but got two. Either they were extremely cocky or very stupid. I reported them to our local GW but who knows what happened. I feel for those who have to brave public land with the likes of these people.

Exactly. My state has a page or 2. Craziness!!! People also cyber scouting there and it's unreal the people giving info on it.

sasquatch1

Quote from: Jbird22 on May 22, 2023, 06:56:17 AM
Quote from: slave601 on May 22, 2023, 12:36:47 AM
The younger generation do it for the like and shares and gratification from people they don't know or will ever know.
That's just another reason why I despise social media and don't have a single form of it! For some, it's all about the praise and glory. If you took social media away, I bet a lot of folks wouldn't even hunt.
This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Capt long beard

That guys creepy, even if your not a hunter that's just plain weird. I can't imagine anyone thinking that was a good idea. No telling what other kinds of inappropriate stuff this guy does for attention.

Marc

I saw it before it was removed...  Horrible public depection of hunters to put out on a very public forum, especially with a father who represents a major conservation group for hunting...

I could see this as a funny exchange between friends (although not my taste), but it has no place on a public forum.  NONE.

However, even if it were only shared between friends, there is a good chance it would eventually end up on a public forum.  Good reminder that if you do not want something shared with the world, do NOT send it out.

I wish the photo was still up, so that I could use it to show my daughter what happens when you send out a private picture...  And it ends up on a public forum.  Young men and women sharing very personal photos or texts on the phone, and all it takes is one argument for a very private post or picture/post to end up public.

I realize that this photo was made public on purpose (for which there is no excuse), but I do feel it is a good opportunity for the fathers and grandfathers out there to have a discussion with the young people in your life about the dangers of sharing anything personal on technology...

So glad that this technology was not around when I was a younger man...
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Happy

I couldn't even do something like that as a joke with my friends. That's seriously disturbing on several different levels.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: sasquatch1 on May 22, 2023, 11:52:17 AM
The younger generation do it for the like and shares and gratification from people they don't know or will ever know.
That's just another reason why I despise social media and don't have a single form of it! For some, it's all about the praise and glory. If you took social media away, I bet a lot of folks wouldn't even hunt.
This

I don't know how to tell you this... but this is social media that we're communicating on... like it or not.

don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Marc on May 22, 2023, 12:16:32 PM
I saw it before it was removed...  Horrible public depection of hunters to put out on a very public forum, especially with a father who represents a major conservation group for hunting...

I could see this as a funny exchange between friends (although not my taste), but it has no place on a public forum.  NONE.

However, even if it were only shared between friends, there is a good chance it would eventually end up on a public forum.  Good reminder that if you do not want something shared with the world, do NOT send it out.

I wish the photo was still up, so that I could use it to show my daughter what happens when you send out a private picture...  And it ends up on a public forum.  Young men and women sharing very personal photos or texts on the phone, and all it takes is one argument for a very private post or picture/post to end up public.

I realize that this photo was made public on purpose (for which there is no excuse), but I do feel it is a good opportunity for the fathers and grandfathers out there to have a discussion with the young people in your life about the dangers of sharing anything personal on technology...

So glad that this technology was not around when I was a younger man...
I never did see the picture in question and it sounds like I am glad I did not but I completely agree with your comments. I have a friends daughter who sent a picture of her breasts to a boyfriend and it ended up all over her school and beyond. This from a kid she had dated for 3 years (Never should have been dating at 10 in my book anyway) and she thought she could trust.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Cowboy

Quote from: guesswho on May 22, 2023, 08:41:44 AM
If your first thought after killing any animal is, oooh, I need to take my clothes off and have my picture taken!   Then you have issues.   Even if it was your 100th thought, you still have issues.  And if your Dad supports that behavior, then it's not all on you.  It's obvious there are at least two members of that immediate family that has issues.  Loser, with a capital L!
Well yes....strange behavior to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Prospector

Unfortunately that's just exactly what appeals to a whole bunch of those on that particular social media page. If any of y'all's is even slightly better then be thankful.....
In life and Turkey hunting: Give it a whirl. Everything works once and Nothing works everytime!

Jbird22

Quote from: kytrkyhntr on May 22, 2023, 12:38:18 PM
Quote from: sasquatch1 on May 22, 2023, 11:52:17 AM
This

I don't know how to tell you this... but this is social media that we're communicating on... like it or not.

I'm sure you were fully aware that I was referring to mainstream social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat). 

Mallard1897

It could be because I'm using taptalk but the picture still shows up with the title to this forum post. Now everytime it gets bumped to the top of the list I see it instead of interesting and much less disturbing topics.

I feel bad for anyone who accidentally walked up on that photoshoot....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk