OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Definition of Insanity

Started by zelmo1, May 08, 2023, 08:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

The defibnition of insanity is, being able to retire and going to work during turkey season when the weather is turning and the birds are starting to gobble. I need my head checked,SMDH:OGturkeyhead: Z

worth612000

Well it is 2023 and life is full of curve balls these days. I hope you catch a break soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zelmo1

Its all good bro, Im just poking fun at myself, lol. I will get there soon. Z

worth612000

Every time I plan something there's something that come up. LOL

Turkeybutt

Toss the plan out the window Z. Sometimes you just need to follow your gut and inject some spontaneity in your life. Go turkey hunting!

WAGinVA

Z I feel your pain.  I have been putting off 2 bathroom remodels for several years.  A contractor friend of mine (who I would trust to do anything) volunteered to do the job and I gladly accepted.  He wanted to start the second week of turkey season here.  I had nothing but bad luck the first week and the beginning of the second week I turkey hunted every morning and hurried home to be the contractors helper.  I finally used my last tag last Wednesday (fourth week) and now I am despondent that I only get to be the contractor's helper.

WV Flopper

With the most respect....

That's not insanity, that's stupidity. That's being a gluten, for money and punishment. I have worked for 30 years just to retire, I have ten more to go.

You Sir, are a disappointment.

zelmo1

The old school New Englander in me won't let me retire before my house is paid off. Just how I was brought up. I'm not going to be rich, but if I wait till I am 62, I can do my grand slam hunt with my wife, which was always the plan. It's not gluttony, it's making sure my family is talented care of as well as myself. I'll still use 3 weeks vacation turkey hunting every year. Just our way around here. Z

WV Flopper

LOL, I hope you didn't take offense. I meant none! I was just having fun.

We all, must do what we need to do!

zelmo1

No offense taken, I just like to be clear.  :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an Z

RutnNStrutn

After 34 years in the fire department I said enough is enough. I'm done. Missed out on too much life already due to crazy 24 & 48 hour shift work. Also am not rich, but I'm enjoying life and hunting a lot. Retirement is awesome, I highly recommend it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Howieg

Self employed,,, I'll never afford to retire ..

Brillo

I was ready to retire in 2020 but was delayed by my business partner's illness and poor prognosis.  Ended up selling the business and getting out in January 2022.  I agree that retirement is terrific and do not understand how anyone might not enjoy being retired. 

Gooserbat

I just have bad habits that force me to work
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

worth612000

Quote from: Gooserbat on May 09, 2023, 12:53:24 AM
I just have bad habits that force me to work
That sounds about right. Especially with the cost of things now days.