turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Another one in the books

Started by ShortMagFan, May 07, 2023, 03:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShortMagFan

Welp finished up my season today by helping a friend kill a nice one. Getting close to 40 seasons for me. Have been neglecting work since mid March. Would love to go hunt up north but don't think it's going to happen this year

Killed or watched 7 gobblers die. 1 miss

Killed in 3 states (SC, NC, FL). Bailed at the last minute due to weather forecasts on trips to Georgia and Virginia. I live in NC and own property in S.C. and GA so I don't want to hear anything about the out of state hunter thing

Was pleasantly surprised at the quality of hunting this spring given the recent trend lines. And seem to have a good crop of jakes on my home property (as well as several gobblers we didn't hunt too hard)

Been doing a lot of habitat work. This summer is going to be forestry mulching, herbicide application in some big pines I've got that are over run with sweetgum. Spraying clover plots and hoping to get about 4 acres of chufa in. And a growing season burn in one block of pines we didn't get last winter. And some trapping if I can get some traps out in the next couple weeks

My days of managing for deer are over - it's all about the turkey now

Very fortunate and hope others have enjoyed this spring as much as I have. I need some sleep

slave601

Congrats on another great season!
"thinnin the flock"

Turkeybutt

Congratulations on your season.

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr