turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Podcast Fist Full of Dirt .. Tom Kelly

Started by Greg Massey, May 03, 2023, 02:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

On Cuz Strickland Podcast Daniel shares the story of Tom Kelly Killing his gobbler at the age of 96... Guys you don't want to miss hearing how this hunt unfolded. One of the best stories you will ever hear ... What it means for Tom at 96 to get to hunt one more time... Just Awesome ...

Howieg

If listening to that doesn't get to you ?,, well ...

TurkinTone

Just finished listening to it. Great story and congratulations to all and especially Daniel Haas for having the spirit and heart to make it possible to happen. It is truly a celebration of life. Another remarkable tidbit I picked up from it was that Tom Kelly and Fox Haas are possibly the only two living turkey hunters that harvested their first turkey before the end of World War ll.

Greg Massey

Quote from: TurkinTone on May 03, 2023, 05:01:44 PM
Just finished listening to it. Great story and congratulations to all and especially Daniel Haas for having the spirit and heart to make it possible to happen. It is truly a celebration of life. Another remarkable tidbit I picked up from it was that Tom Kelly and Fox Haas are possibly the only two living turkey hunters that harvested their first turkey before the end of World War ll.
Yes and possibly the oldest 2 turkey hunters still living and hunting...

PALongspur

Great podcast and a great, great story. It gave me goosebumps!

Bedge7767

The only hunting podcast that I listen to now.
Jim

DROCK

Not a fan of the podcast but I'll check that episode out. 96?? Wow

GobbleGitr

Absolutely inspiring...as we turkey hunters age we can only hope there will be that Daniel in our lives that will provide the help needed for another day in the woods. What was really cool to me is how Tom and his daughter got to share a tree together after 20 years

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

soILstrutter

I would really like to know which book the recording of the Colonel reading was from. Anyone have any idea?

harleytom

When Daniel described the moments after the Colonel shot the gobbler, well let's just say there must have been a lot of dust in the air where I was listening. Wow, just considering all the variables it took for that to happen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harleytom

Quote from: soILstrutter on May 04, 2023, 11:15:06 AM
I would really like to know which book the recording of the Colonel reading was from. Anyone have any idea?
Faces in the Crowd

Chief Razor

That is was worth the listen. Remarkable fella to do that at 96!

soILstrutter

Quote from: harleytom on May 04, 2023, 07:04:12 PM
Faces in the Crowd

Thank you! Literally just hit submit on the order for that one.

harleytom

Quote from: soILstrutter on May 08, 2023, 12:03:03 PM
Quote from: harleytom on May 04, 2023, 07:04:12 PM
Faces in the Crowd

Thank you! Literally just hit submit on the order for that one.
You are welcome. Also, think about getting audio books narrated by Colonel Kelly. His south Alabama drawl is a national treasure and won't be heard much once his generation is gone. Hearing those books in his voice just makes them even better. Enjoy