OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Butt cushion

Started by Gooserbat, May 02, 2023, 10:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

I'm finding myself wearing a vest less and less and using a chest harness.  The only drawback is in the posterior.  Looking for suggestions for a butt cushion and for what it's worth I already have a turkey chair.  I only want a cushion for running and gunning. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

howl

Therm-a-seat multilayer models are good and don't pull on your belt too much.

Remturkey

Big Jeremy

Hunt comfort fat boy and a Glenda Green covered inner tube are the best two options I've found. I prefer the inner tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wareagle22

A second vote for a Ms Glenda inner tube seat or Fat Boy cushion.

Greg Massey

Glenda Green inner tube waterproof material cushion ... X 3 vote

rakkin6

Only tried the Fatboy Comfort Cushion and the Beard Buster Jumbo. Both were very good. Fatboy was a little more comfortable but also a little more pricey.. But I would use the Beard Buster again no question asked either. Depends on what you want to spend.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Brillo

I just use one of those half circle air pads.  Not sure who makes it but I can send you a pic if you want. It has an integral waist strap.  Simple.   I have used the same one on 10 day canoe trips but for a one hour sit they are all I need.

Boykin Hollow

x 3 for the hunt n comfort fat boy,  been using one in the deer stand for some 10+ years now as well as turkey hunting,  look no farther as there are none better !!!!!!

Upfold99

How are you guys stowing the cushion? I to primarily use a vest for the cushion but have not determined a great way to maneuver or run n gun with a cushion that is not attached. I don't like the idea of walking miles with a cushion in my hand and prefer not to look like a turtle if I were to install shoulder straps.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

quackaddict

Glenda Green seat. Put a little 'biner on the handle a clip it to your belt loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

MJW

Old Timer

Never have found anything more comfortable then the inner tube.

idratherb

lawn tractor innertube

worth612000

Plastic Surgeon, butt implants. LOL