turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Side by side and roosting

Started by fadetoblack188, May 02, 2023, 09:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fadetoblack188

I am nursing an ankle injury.  The property I hunt is a giant hill.  How much will driving the side by side hurt me when I am locating roosted birds?

guesswho

My property in Alabama you wouldn't hear a peep.   Other places where they are used to activity and it may not affect them at all.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

roberthyman14

Really depends.  I'd get there way early and sit and let everything get comfortable for an hour or 2.  If its early morning. I'd just get to a high spot n not move.  You can hear a bird a long ways. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Zobo

Quote from: guesswho on May 02, 2023, 09:06:17 PM
My property in Alabama you wouldn't hear a peep.   Other places where they are used to activity and it may not affect them at all.

This is the right answer. For example, where I hunt it would have almost no effect at all. They are conditioned to hear atvs, horses, people etc. Interestingly enough however, they're still very difficult to bring into gun range
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Greg Massey

I would keep my distance and listen, but your side x side will not hurt you that much, turkeys can't tell the difference between noise of a side x side, airplane or helicopter going overhead... What will cause you the most problem is the amount of time and pressure your putting on the birds ...  If you go in the morning i would suggest a good hour before flying down, just to let everything settle down.  Roosting in the evening just find a good spot to listen from... IMO