turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Recipes

Started by kennedyh1990, May 01, 2023, 08:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-dub

I've done a "Pastrami" with the breasts and turned out great.

Brine the breasts anywhere from 1-3 days.  Coat with rub: heavy black pepper, salt, garlic powder, coriander... Then smoke @ 250 for 1-1.5 hours.
Brining keeps them from drying out, may want to trim the ends to keep slices even.

stinkpickle

Turkey Pot Pie!!!   LOVE IT!

Spring Creek Calls

Our family favorite.

JAMAICAN JERK TURKEY BREAST

Try this for a little Caribbean twist on the grill.

This makes enough marinade for one boneless half of a wild turkey breast.

1 TBS Kosher Salt
1 TBS Garlic Salt
1 TBS Thyme
2 TBS Whole All Spice

2 Fresh Cubanelle Peppers or 6 Annaheim Peppers (remove stems and seeds)
1 Habanero Pepper (remove stem and seeds)

1/4 cup Peanut Oil

Thoroughly liquefy all ingredients in a blender.

Dry the turkey breast thoroughly with paper towels.  (Helps it soak in the marinade and seasoning stick while cooking)

Put the turkey breast and marinade in a large ziploc bag.  Shake it up to make sure the meat gets coated. 

Refrigerate in marinade at least two hours before cooking.  (Overnight is better!)

Grill the breast until done.  The seasoning should stick and blacken while grilling.

Enjoy!
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

redwad

This is my favorite post that I've seen on this site. There are some new and great sounding recipes listed above.
For the breast I cut them into small cubes. Wrap it in bacon and season it with chili powder and brown sugar. Bake them and then cover in honey.
For the legs I cook them in the croc pot or boil them for about 8 hours. Pull the meat off the bone and then put some bbq sauce and butter on them.

Greg Massey

Quote from: redwad on May 02, 2023, 04:57:11 PM
This is my favorite post that I've seen on this site. There are some new and great sounding recipes listed above.
For the breast I cut them into small cubes. Wrap it in bacon and season it with chili powder and brown sugar. Bake them and then cover in honey.
For the legs I cook them in the croc pot or boil them for about 8 hours. Pull the meat off the bone and then put some bbq sauce and butter on them.
X 2 Eating is always my favorite ...  :TooFunny:

Happy

Inject with butter and creole seasoning. Cold smoke for about 6-7 hours. Then debone everything, roll in flour and fry with more butter with creole seasoning.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

WV Flopper

Yup, I have seen two here I want to try.

Nice sounding recipes guys!!!

kennedyh1990

My mouth is watering! Can't wait to try a bunch of these!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strutbuster91

I just made this recipe Monday. Take legs and thighs and throw in a crackpot with cream of mushroom soup, Lipton powdered onion soup mix, and some chicken stock. Let them cook on high for like 4-5 hours, take the bones out, and throw in some onion, celery, baby carrots, and potatoes. Cook till everything is tender amd enjoy!

SSCsnood

I throw one breast of each gobbler into the grinder and make a thai salad dish called nam sod with it. It's amazing. Cook the ground meat with minced garlic and a little salt. Let that cool. Make a dressing containing red chili paste, minced ginger root, lime juice, and a little fish sauce. Once meat has cooled add the dressing. Add thinly sliced red onions, grated carrot, and cilantro and mix. Garnish with roasted peanuts and mix again. It is good heated over rice or cold in a lettuce wrap. I prefer the cold lettuce wrap. Highly recommended, stuff is really good. It also works with the ground leg meat but I make breakfast sausage with that. Plenty of recipes on the google for the nam sod.

Jroddc

With the breast I make schnitzel, jalapeño poppers, nuggets. With the legs and thighs I have made carnitas. I have a recipe that I got from this forum for jalapeño cheddar sausage made from the legs and thighs that I have yet to try.

g8rvet

Fried strips.

Roll in wet pancake batter (minus sugar, add salt and pepper and creole seasoning)
Pull out of batter, roll in crunched up cornflakes.
Drop in the oil. 

Crunchy deep fried deliciousness. 

I have done it other ways, but just love it like this. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

wvmntnhick

Soak in pickle juice over night. Dip in milk and then flour. Fry it lightly.  Season as you'd like.  You'll not be upset. And if you are, send it my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zobo

Wild turkey meatballs with gravy, mashed potatoes and a little lingonberry jelly on the side always goes over well at the house.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Shiloh

I have never been able to get legs and thighs tender enough to satisfy me!  I have tried multiple times, but it is always chewy!!