OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Recipes

Started by kennedyh1990, May 01, 2023, 08:02:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kennedyh1990

What's everyone's favorite way to eat them?! I have always been a fried nugget guy, however, smoked on the smoker with mesquite seasoning and mesquite wood is up there too! This is the first year I've pulled the legs off one and gonna try to make some enchiladas out of them this week! Looking forward to reading how y'all enjoy them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WV Flopper

Bring them awesome recipes guy and gals!!!

I to do the nuggets but I cut mine into fingers. Place in an egg bath then cotr them with Progresso Italian bread crumbs with a light amount of Lemon and Pepper added to the bread crumbs. Deep fry for 4-6 minutes.

I also grill or smoke with a mopped on Eastern Carolina type sauce. Great way to eat them but takes a while to do a whole breast in this manner, maybe an hour, or so.

sswv

nuggets for me.   I shake them in a bag with Progresso Italian breadcrumbs and cook them in the air fryer. coat them with butter flavor cooking spray, shake them halfway thru and coat them again with the butter spray.   you'll thank me later

deadbuck

cut the breast into chunks and season with Tony Chachere, then wrap in a half slice of bacon, stick a toothpick through it, and grill on an open flame. Even the women and kids will devour this

Howieg

Cutt breast meat into 4x4 chunks , butterfly Cutt down middle , fill middle with cream cheese and jalapeƱos.
Wrap with bacon , season with any seasoning from La .   We call em gobbler poppers .
Cook on grill

Paulmyr

Cut breast meat into strips. Leave a couple chunks. Marinade in zesty Italian and coca cola for atleast 24 hrs.

Wrap strips around a mushroom/ banana pepper or both. Wrap with bacon and secure with toothpick and throw them on the grill. The chunks you can grill plain or wrapped in bacon.

Legs and thighs go into the crockpot for atleast 8 hours with a package of Lipton onion soup mix. The meat falls off the bone and the tendons are easily pulled out with a fork. Cook until no standing water is left in the pot. Serve as is or with BBQ sauce as pulled turkey sandwiches.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Mick2394

Nuggets for me and I cook the legs in a crock pot and make sandwiches out of them. Wanting to try jalapeƱo poppers this year with the breast!

Semper Fi

eddie234

Quote from: deadbuck on May 01, 2023, 08:23:59 PM
cut the breast into chunks and season with Tony Chachere, then wrap in a half slice of bacon, stick a toothpick through it, and grill on an open flame. Even the women and kids will devour this
I do the same but marinate it in Zesty Italian dressing. Also once someone suggested to use spaghetti noodles instead of toothpicks, they work just as good without the splinters, lol. Oh and a side of fried potatoes with wild ramps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

WV Ridge Reaper

Fried seems to be the best

Wife does some with jaoolenos and bacon in the oven..they are great

But I would love to have a good smoker recipe

Turkeybutt

Some great recipe's! Thanks for sharing.

Bedge7767

Fried is the only way.
Jim

vthokie7227

Cut the breast into nuggets, marinated in buttermilk and hot sauce, dredged in seasoned flour, then fried is hard to beat! We've been turning the legs and thighs into carnitas with this recipe. It's might tasty...https://honest-food.net/turkey-carnitas/#wprm-recipe-container-23443

Greg Massey

Fried turkey with mash potatoes, milk gravy, cream style corn, slaw and biscuits .... This is my favorite way....

Yotecatcher

We cut them into strips and soak them overnight in dill pickle juice then flour and salt and pepper and deep fry for 5 mins.

Gooserbat

Cut a breast into strips
Cut and package of beacon in half
Mix cream cheese, shredded cheddar, and chopped jalapenos.
Lay down the bacon then stack the turkey strip then spoon on the mix.  Roll into a pinwheel and screwer with a toothpick. 

Broil at 375 for 15-17 minutes... Or cook over the grill.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.