OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Does a Spring Morning Get Much Better?

Started by HookedonHooks, April 30, 2023, 07:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedonHooks

Getting to call up and watch a buddy kill his first ever turkey and then finding a pile of mushrooms make for a fine spring day.

Cooking freshly foraged ingredients in cast iron over an open fire such as fried turkey and mushrooms and then making a mushroom and wild onion county gravy to accompany it. Now it just doesn't get any better than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rakkin6

Great bird but mushrooms are a hard no for me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Greg Massey

I agree it doesn't get any better ... congrats

JeffC

Congrats to your friend on breaking the Ice. Great picture.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Clif Owen

Quote from: rakkin6 on April 30, 2023, 07:29:06 PM
Great bird but mushrooms are a hard no for me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Yeah, me too. Congrats to your friend!

owlhoot

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

quackaddict

Man, that's one thing I've never been lucky enough to try...I've never seen morels before, but heard how fantastic they are. Congrats on what sounds like an ideal day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Paulmyr

Scooped up a handful of morels this mourning sadly though the gobbling activity was nil!

Congrats to your buddy.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

357MAGNOLE

Literally never seen a morel in the wild. Starting to wonder if my area even has them.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

WV Flopper

Turkeybutt

Congrats to your buddy for taking a first bird.
Not a mushroom guy but I'd give a morel a try.

the Ward

Awesome! Sounds like a great morning to me!

Tunaguy

" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

Notsoyoungturk

A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear