OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's with all the arguing?

Started by RutnNStrutn, April 28, 2023, 11:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sasquatch1

Quote from: worth612000 on April 28, 2023, 02:14:25 PM
I live in N.W. Ga while I do recognize a decline in the flock size and poults, the State kill numbers by hunters don't add up for the decline we are seeing. We don't have quails here anymore and had lots when I was teenager. There also something going on in the environment that's not being pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, population expansion and the things that come along with it, habitat destruction.

As much as they are a mess people need to embrace city living. Just imagine the acres that would need to be plowed over if everyone of those city living people wanted to move to the suburbs or country to have their own .25-.5 acre lot for a house!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

howl

Some of us are tagged out and jonesin' while others got no birds and a monkey on their back.

I think I'll go start a thread on burning turkey nests.

GobbleNut

When it all comes down to it, there are some of us that just come on here to irritate people.  I won't name names.  We all know who we are.   ;D :toothy9: :angel9: :newmascot:

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Turkeybutt

We are a family, and dysfunctional and at times delusional as we are, there are good people here who are willing to share stories, photos, tips and how to do things. That is what is so great about this place! Some of us should only be left out of the attic for turkey season or on holidays and locked up the rest of the time. Sure, we might squabble and kick some dirt but in the end 99% of the people here look out for and try to help others.

Notsoyoungturk

I am far newer to Old Gobbler than many on the site so I cannot say I have a long term perspective.  I continue to enjoy the site.  I have learned and continue to learn a great deal.  I appreciate the feedback I have received on many topics.  I value the different opinions and respect everyone's right to voice their opinion.  That said, I do not always agree some opinions.  I do, however, realize my opinion is worth very little if I won't listen to opposing views and continually re-evaluate my perspective in the light of new facts.  Fortunately, I think most of us approach these topics with a spirit of fraternal discussion.  I hope it remains so in the future.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Tail Feathers

Y'all ticked about crowded public land.  In TX we don't have much public, and 98% of that is by draw and takes four or five years to get enough points to draw.  I kind of feel for FL hunters, but the other option is to go pay to hunt.  I just cut a big old check for a hunting lease for another year so pay up or deal with the crowds.

God Bless America, we can travel to other states and kill all their birds.  :OGturkeyhead:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Happy

Everybody is arguing because once again they are all wrong, and I am right. Geez guys it ain't complicated. The sooner everyone thinks and does exactly like me the better off everything will get.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Sir-diealot

To be honest the site seemed to take a very negative turn during Covid. Not everyone that was here but some and many newcomers that had no respect for Shannon's rules.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

SumToy

It is not OG, Facebook, or anything else.   It is the way of the world now days.   Folks cant even figure what bath room to go in and fuss about it.     The problem now no one is happy and think everyone around them should not be happy.  So they get online hide behind a computer and tell you what they will do.  Then call a buddy tell them to get on and help him out.   :z-twocents: :z-twocents:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Spitten and drummen

It's called intense fellowship not arguing.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Farmboy27

Quote from: Happy on April 28, 2023, 05:22:14 PM
Everybody is arguing because once again they are all wrong, and I am right. Geez guys it ain't complicated. The sooner everyone thinks and does exactly like me the better off everything will get.
That's an all out lie happy!!  We can't both always be right! ????

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: howl on April 28, 2023, 03:22:57 PM
I think I'll go start a thread on burning turkey nests.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Happy on April 28, 2023, 05:22:14 PM

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 28, 2023, 05:57:25 PM
It's called intense fellowship not arguing.
I stand corrected.