turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What's with all the arguing?

Started by RutnNStrutn, April 28, 2023, 11:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Old Gobbler used to be nothing but fun. Sharing info, telling turkey tales, looking at pictures and learning to be a better turkey hunter.
Now it's become a bash fest.
Ban YouTube videos, ban non-residents from hunting in YOUR state, ban decoys, ban blinds, ban reaping.... ban EVERYTHING you don't personally care for.
Sad to see the state of this forum these days. SMH.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Tail Feathers

Folks here are sleep deprived and not killing enough turkeys. :TooFunny:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gooserbat

There's a certain contingency to people who don't allow room for people to do things differently than they themselves do things.  My view is there are bag limits and there are many ways to get them filled.  Hunt however you like and have a good time.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Greg Massey

I don't see it as arguing. I see it as making people aware... Lots of great discussions.  See it gave you a reason to post ...  It's all about having a voice, opinions and just sharing information and our thoughts... IMO ...  At least Shannon isn't having to delete people for trying to sell with less than 50 posts ... LOL...

POk3s

That's what this site has become anymore. More of a place for disgruntled turkey hunters than a place for any good conversation.

Somehow non residents are coming into a state and killing all the turkeys, yet the residents can't find any. An odd conundrum.

Greg Massey

Let's not forget all the bashing that has been going on i know for a couple of years on the forum bashing the YouTube guys ... If we are going to start pointing fingers ... 

joey46

arkrem870

What was once a small group of dedicated woodsman has been turned upside down by social media goons. We saw this same thing in arkansas duck hunting when the crowding became smothering. Now turkey hunting has been pimped out just as duck hunting was years earlier. This cycle is just beginning. Loose lips sink ships.

ScottTaulbee

I don't see it as arguing and I personally enjoy seeing topics discussed and problems others are having. I used to look at the guys way down south getting over ran with hunters trying to get an early start and all the fist fights at the gates, tires getting cut, trucks shot at, etc and think "man that's crazy, I wouldn't hunt like that" and now 5 or 6 years later,  it's happening in my state of residence full tilt. I enjoy other's opinions and like to have discussions wether their opinions align with mine or not. We can all learn something from them. I don't hate out of state hunters. My problem this season is we're seeing 10+ out of state plates to every one resident plate at these places. And unless you're willing to sit in someone's lap and compete with 6 others guys on 140 acres then you're not going to be able to hunt. I'm afraid that our turkey populations on some of these areas can't withstand the amount of pressure they're seeing. And I'm all for a solution to limit OOS and Resident pressure, wether that be a draw or increased license prices if it means that we continue to have turkeys to hunt down the road. I've limited myself to filling one of my two tags each season and if I want to continue to hunt, I have just as much fun and the same rush calling up the turkeys and watching them without a gun. But everyone is at a different "stage" as a hunter. Without opinions and the ability to discuss our differences in thoughts then what can we learn?. I've learned several things from you guys with differing opinions as mine on several issues and have came away with a different point of view. There's only so much "what's the best gun, what's the best choke, who makes the best call, why ain't the turkeys gobbling?" Threads you can have. We have to have different topics to discuss or this place will be stale. I have a very different opinion on nest predators and trapping them than many of you have and that's from coming from a trapping background and doing it as a kid throughout most of my life and understanding the biology of these "nest predators". If you really want to see the biggest predators of these birds look in the mirror and I'll leave it at that. It doesn't mean that I don't like you guys or that we can't have a conversation on different topics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DumpTruckTurkey

Its always been like this... its why i come here for a question, or to search past posts.
TONS of whining. 

rifleman

As long as what you are doing is within the law I see now problems with folks doing as they choose.  Decoy vs. no decoy, rifle vs. shotgun and ir can go on and on.  If it is legal you should be up to you.  Then again I am old and don't seek to influence anyone.

strum

I disagree with everything yall say.  :OGani:

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: strum on April 28, 2023, 01:19:51 PM
I disagree with everything yall say.  :OGani:
:TooFunny: 

It's definitely a little different JimBo! But definitely not like the FB public land page.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

bbcoach

We see the same thing every year IMO.  The guys up north are eagerly awaiting their openers and chomping at the bit to get in the woods and the guys down south have been at it for several weeks posting pics and celebrating, so this is normal behavior.  It will All calm down in a couple of weeks when everyone gets their time in the woods.  If you have a Problem with your States way of handling tags or quotas, then go to the DNR and lobby for change.  Hashing it out with Fellow Hunters, that are passionate about this Bird, won't do any of us any Good except Venting.  Let's All band together as a Group and let our voices be heard in our State Capitols.  I wish everyone a Great season!

worth612000

I live in N.W. Ga while I do recognize a decline in the flock size and poults, the State kill numbers by hunters don't add up for the decline we are seeing. We don't have quails here anymore and had lots when I was teenager. There also something going on in the environment that's not being pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk