OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

IA tag filled. Short story. No pic.

Started by 2eagles, April 23, 2023, 03:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2eagles

I'm recovering from a total knee replacement surgery. 29 days after my surgery, I was ready for a dark morning walk through the woods, but my wife convinced me to reconsider. So, I went to physical therapy at 11, ate lunch at noon, then took to the woods. Carried in my blind, a decoy and my shotgun. Random calling in a known good place. I had two hens move through before I spotted a tom at about 80 yards. I called and he stood there 5 minutes into and out of strut. Four jakes showed up and he was chasing them for another 5 minutes. Then a hen showed between me and the males. The whole group started coming my way, but on an angle towards the hen. Occasionally the tom would turn and chase the jakes. The range was perfect and my 20ga barked. My hunt was over.
When the desire is burning and ya work yourself hard to recuperate a hunt is possible. I'm so happy to get out to hunt, filling the tag is a bonus. IA season 4 starts Wednesday and I'll be out there.
AND, I was home in time to take my wife out for dinner.

Wigsplitter

Great treat for a surgery recovery!! Congratulations

runngun

Congratulations, keep on the mend!! Glad you are doing well!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

JeffC

Congrats, Dr. orders, use it dont abuse it.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

g8rvet

Way to go!  My dad used deer hunting as his motivation for rehab.  He made it in time and the doe he took on doe weekend could not have been any more of a trophy.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Turkeybutt

Congrats on the bird and a fine hunt.
No better therapy than being in the woods hunting turkeys!