turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Short story, not worth it

Started by g8rvet, April 23, 2023, 02:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g8rvet

Had gobblers all around this final weekend.  Like close and gobbling.  Witnessed hens pull him away every time.  Was on one bird all day on Saturday and could get him close, but dang hens showed up every time.  Even in the afternoon!  WTH.  They supposed to be settin on their nest then.  Got in super tight this morning, he answered and was coming to me - as close as I could get and not spook him off the limb and still had two hens get between us. Both came right past me, too late and he was too late to wave them off.  Oh well, I could have tagged out, but got my son in law his third bird ever so I call it a great season.  Good luck to those still chasing.  Looking at extending our season next year with a trip but too much happening this year.
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

guesswho

Close encounters. helped son in law with his 3rd ever.   Sounds like a strong season to me.   Congrats, and I hope everybody get a chance to do it again next year.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

You made some awesome memories ...

GobbleNut

You need to get your nephew to deliver papers to more property owners so you can hunt more places.  I hear paper delivery automatically counts as permission,......sorta.   ;D :angel9:

roberthyman14

Slept in today.  They kicked my butt all season. Now I'm thinking of going this evening to see if I can kill 1 going to roost.  He been in the same spot the last few days.  Mornings he goes different direction each time.  Even Thursday when the hens came 20 yards to my left he went other way.   But if I dont go I'm good as season closes in a few hours.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

g8rvet

It is hard to let it end.  I even just checked my home property.  Nothing but a few hen tracks.  Trying to get them to start using the property.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

roberthyman14

Quote from: g8rvet on April 23, 2023, 03:14:58 PM
It is hard to let it end.  I even just checked my home property.  Nothing but a few hen tracks.  Trying to get them to start using the property.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fire and lots of it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk