OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Need to Bend the Barrel on an NEF Pardner?

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, February 14, 2011, 08:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longspur

I had one a few years ago that shot way low also. I drilled a small shallow hole in receiver and put a pin in it then filed it down till the elevation was right.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: BigPeck215 on February 18, 2011, 05:46:16 PM
is it a new pardner?, if it is sent it back to remington and they will fix it free of charge and and send u a packing slip to send it to them free of cost, but if you try to fix it your self and "beak it worse" they will not fix it
Yeah good luck with that.They really fixed mine.Just had to vent alittle not toward u though.

BigPeck215

sorry to hear about the poor customer service from rem, i bought a nef/ h&r 30-06 last fall and the chamber was cut to deep and the headspace was all wrong, i sent it back to them and received a new gun in the mail about 3 weeks later

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteFind a tree stick the barrel in a crotch that's strong and start bending.......

This worked.  Although, I can see the bend when sighting down the barrel, and also slightly when looking down the bore.......but,

The gun now shoots to POA at 15 Yards.  The last 3 targets verified this.  This gun will mainly be fed 1 to 1 1/8 Ounce 2 3/4" bird shot, and maybe occasionally some high brass 1 1/4 Ounce bird shot.  Maybe some 2 3/4" #4 Buckshot if the world goes to crap?  No slugs at all though.

Now I need to back up to 25 Yards and see what the overall pattern looks like.  I wanted a yard gun.  I hunted with a single shot as a kid, and I never even heard of anyone patterning a shotgun until I was well into adulthood.

I think this gun had been in stock for a while at a small local store.  The ones I saw at Wal-Mart had different writing on the barrel.  

S.C.C

They bend allot easier than people think! No use hav'in one if it doesn't hit where you point it. :icon_thumright:
Does yard gun=Neighbors cat gun?  :lol:

3" 870 Shell Shucker

QuoteThey bend allot easier than people think! No use hav'in one if it doesn't hit where you point it.

QuoteDoes yard gun=Neighbors cat gun?

No.  Cats don't bother me at all.  I have several myself.  But I live in the country, in the middle of a big thicket, so there are always some critters about.

Reloader

I have a NEF that shoots center windage wise, but about 10" high.  Going to put the groove in the rear as suggested for a better aiming system as well as bring the POI down a bit.  It's a 410 and makes a dandy squirrel slayer, but I'm alittle tired of aiming well under the little rascals.

I know a guy that bent his 1187SM bbl btwn two trees as the windage was off.  I thought it was funny that he'd even do such a thing. The gun shot dead on with the bead after the bend BTW.  Seemed like one of those moments that required alot of cold beverages.

paladin

My Nef is a 10 gauge and I don't think the barrel can be bent on that hoss.
I have seen slimmer "cheater pipes" in tire shops.
"have gun-will travel"

S.C.C

Quote from: paladin on February 21, 2011, 11:34:27 AM
My Nef is a 10 gauge and I don't think the barrel can be bent on that hoss.
I have seen slimmer "cheater pipes" in tire shops.
Its amazing what alittle heat and a cold wet rag will do!!In the Pipe Fittin Trade its called stress relieving. :icon_thumright:

Boomstick

Its amazing what alittle heat and a cold wet rag will do!!In the Pipe Fittin Trade its called stress relieving. :icon_thumright:
[/quote]

relieving stress for me usually involves either a punching bag or my 308 and shotgun shells at 100 yards...  :z-guntootsmiley:
"Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun" Ash from army of darkness