OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I Need to Bend the Barrel on an NEF Pardner?

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, February 14, 2011, 08:47:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I have a 3" Chamber, 27 1/2" Modified Choked Barrel, NEF 12 Gauge Pardner.

Update:
The NEF throws a nice Modified Pattern with #7.5's, but at 15 Yards it's Low and to the Left.  The whole pattern at 15 Yards misses the bullseye.  I temporarily mounted an adjustable rear sight, but even the windage adjustment on the rear sight couldn't fully correct the problem.

I realize that the barrel will have to be bent.  I want to do it myself, but I don't have a shop vise to place it in.  

S.C.C

use a round file to file a groove in the center top of the receiver add some cold blue when finished.
have/do it yourself.....bend the brl. to adjust poa/poi....works great for me on any of the old or new
single shots....

3" 870 Shell Shucker

Update:
The NEF throws a nice Modified Pattern with #7.5's, but at 15 Yards it's Low and to the Left.  The whole pattern at 15 Yards misses the bullseye.  I temporarily mounted an adjustable rear sight, but even the windage adjustment on the rear sight couldn't fully correct the problem.

I realize that the barrel will have to be bent.  I want to do it myself, but I don't have a shop vise to place it in.  

SR1

Find a tree stick the barrel in a crotch thats strong and start bending.......
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

R AJ

A gunsmith has the right tools to do this . It doesn't take much bending to make a lot of difference and it is best to do a little at a time instead of overdoing it.

They do not put a barrel in a vice either.

hookedspur

Quote from: RAJ on February 18, 2011, 01:30:50 PM
A gunsmith has the right tools to do this . It doesn't take much bending to make a lot of difference and it is best to do a little at a time instead of overdoing it.

They do not put a barrel in a vice either.
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

yella yelper

I do a lot of things myself, but this would not be one of them!

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: SR1 on February 18, 2011, 12:08:45 PM
Find a tree stick the barrel in a crotch thats strong and start bending.......

:TooFunny: :TooFunny:
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

BigPeck215

is it a new pardner?, if it is sent it back to remington and they will fix it free of charge and and send u a packing slip to send it to them free of cost, but if you try to fix it your self and "beak it worse" they will not fix it

VAHUNTER

i have seen a couple barrels bent  using wooden blocks attached to a shed and a bottle jack. looked scary but it worked
Good things come to those who wait

S.C.C

3" do you have access to an 8" or larger C/clamp if so I will show you how to do it.I have a simple jig made just for this
purpose.it works very well and is safe for most brl's.It will not work on brl's made to shoot steel shot though as most of those are made of harder steel.Here's is a pic. of the rear site filed into the receiver on one.

SR1

I was jokeing earlier about the tree if you dont have the right jig to bend it with take it to a smith they will be able to do it for you and shouldnt charge much.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I appreciate the good replies.  I really do.

Tom Foolery

No idea if it works, but I have heard of people plugging the barrel and filling with sand and plugging the breech.  Heat the barrel/sand and then smack it on a post and it will bend.