turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Permethrin

Started by 2flyfish4, April 21, 2023, 01:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2flyfish4

Anyone else wary of this stuff? Like I know it works and is the best product for ticks, chiggers and keeping bugs off you. But dang as lethal as it is to those insects, I cant keep myself from thinking what is it doing to your own cells...

Its kinda like roundup, I've used that stuff around the farm my whole life. Now its linked to cancer, which is no suprise considering how it killed grass and weeds.

Just won't be suprised to see permethrin linked to cancer one day down the road.....

roberthyman14

If its not banned in other countries it must be ok. U.S. doesn't ban anything thats harmful.  All about the dollar.  We are all gonna die of cancer unfortunately. Just depends on how we get it.  I spray chemicals almost daily.  I can only protect myself so much.  So permethrin doesn't worry me to much. 

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

grayfox

I spray it on my hunting clothes & vest or soak them in it. I let them dry usually at least a day or two before using them. Been doing this for 5-6 years or more. I haven't got a tick on me since doing this. I haven't noticed any problems so far.

tal

You can be sick for years from ticks too.

Greg Massey

I have sprayed my hunting clothes for years using the stuff... Great product in my opinion ...

Zobo

It's actually considered very safe and has been used for 50 years. I like it because it works dry so it never touches my bare skin while wet. I use it and deet also. Deet worries me more.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Ol timer

I had Lyme disease many years ago trust I rather deal with cancer than go through that pain again, there is a new tick pathogen that will actually kill you now!! Permethrin is safer than a tick or chigger problem.

Turkeybutt

I use it and it works. Never had a problem with it . Make sure you dilute it and you should be okay. I always let it dry when sprayed on my clothes.

husker

Agree with others.  I've used it for years without any problems.  I don't even THINK about Ticks anymore.  I swear by the stuff. 

Paulmyr

Permethrin is a synthetic version of a natural extract from the Chrysanthemum flower.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Marc

Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

BennieGobbler

No ticks is all that matters with this product. It works!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Print by Madison, on Flickr

Flatsnbay

I try to only spray it on the outside of my clothing and avoid any places that contact skin, just in case!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Yoder409

I'm more afraid of Lyme disease, DTV, alpha-gal syndrome and other tick-borne diseases than I am of permethrin.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

bwhana

Wear rubber gloves and avoid skin contact or breathing the spray with wet permethrin.  After it has dried, it cannot be absorbed by the skin and safe for all clothing use.

https://health.maryland.gov/phpa/IDEHASharedDocuments/permethrin.pdf