turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Spiritual thought/conversation

Started by Potted_meat_killa, April 18, 2023, 10:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Potted_meat_killa

Feel free to engage, but feel free not to as well. This may come across as uninteresting to some, but I want to pick some brains.
I've always been a religious person; I was raised in the Catholic Church. Through college and a few years after, I was not as steady with my faith. Recently, I have felt the spirit draw me more towards Jesus. There have been very few points throughout the days recently where I haven't been thinking about our Lord.
Mainly looking for some advice, wisdom, fellowship here. Opinions as well.
Do you guys think there will be hunting in heaven?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

I'm Italian German and Irish so you know I was raised Catholic, though I grew up and became a Baptist. As far as hunting in Heaven goes thank you to Gooserbat who already cover that one play well. I am hoping to play football with Jesus though.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

zelmo1

Two hand touch or catch and relaese. I am hopeful. Z

2eagles

Pretty deep thoughts for your first post here.
I think you need to rethink Paradise. Things we find enjoyable here may not be important in His mansion.

aclawrence

I think Heaven will be much more fun than we can imagine. Some people have the idea of us turning into angels and sitting on the clouds but I think it will be much more than that. I think we will have things to do or assignments to go on. I do think there will be animals there. I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar to the garden of Eden but much better.  I used to struggle with the idea of eternity and was afraid it would be boring but that's just ridiculous.  I love this earth so much and there's no way that Heaven won't be a million times better than this.

Greg Massey

I don't think human life forms, BUT Spiritual life yes .... IMO

Lone Star Eastern

I do not believe there will be, but we won't miss it one bit. We'll be too much in awe of our creator. If anyone isn't sure they'll be there to witness it, PM me. I'd love to talk to you about it.

In the new heaven and earth "there will be no more death".  On top of that, what challenge will there be in hunting, when "the wolf shall live with the lamb, the leopard shall lie down with the kid, the calf and the lion.... The cow and the bear shall graze, their young shall lie down together; and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. The nursing child shall play over the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put its hand on the adder's den. They will not hurt or destroy on all my holy mountain; for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea." My favorite part about this, is maybe the poem "Rainbow Bridge" has truth to it, and I'll get to see my passed pups again!

We just won't have a need for it, nor any desire for it, no matter how much enjoyment we get out of it down here. That is an amazing and encouraging thought, that we cannot even fathom.

Zobo

You have to remember that hunting and fishing are antiquated activities that people had to learn in order to procure food for survival. It was like working and of extreme importance. Now, we do it for enjoyment. I believe the glory of the kingdom of heaven is so far beyond any earthly enjoyment as to be practically incomprehensible. But really what's important here is you've recently been drawn back to your faith in Christ. So I want to congratulate you on realizing this unbelievable blessing, truly the greatest gift life has to offer.  :jesus-cross:
And yes, a pretty unique first post!  :welcomeOG:
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Lone Star Eastern

Quote from: Zobo on April 19, 2023, 09:55:29 AM
You have to remember that hunting and fishing are antiquated activities that people had to learn in order to procure food for survival. It was like working and of extreme importance. Now, we do it for enjoyment. I believe the glory of the kingdom of heaven is so far beyond any earthly enjoyment as to be practically incomprehensible. But really what's important here is you've recently been drawn back to your faith in Christ. So I want to congratulate you on realizing this unbelievable blessing, truly the greatest gift life has to offer.  :jesus-cross:
And yes, a pretty unique first post!  :welcomeOG:
Yes, a congrats is due! Way more of one than if you posted the world record Turkey harvest.

Praying you continue on the up and up. We could all use that prayer.

5arraquiver

Maybe your first post, but there is none more important than ones relationship with Jesus. That is the Holy Spirit yelping you in. I suggest you answer with a Salvation Gobble.  Admit you are a sinner, believe in Jesus who paid your sins on the cross, and confess that Jesus Christ is your Lord and call on him for Salvation!  It's either Heaven or Hell. Both are very real and Heaven is not the automatic default button. The only way is through Christ.
There will not be Turkey Killing in Heaven, that hunger will be satisfied by Jesus alone, I picture more of Gobbling and strutting year round without any fear of me at 20 yards. Setting up against a tree in my sweet KUIU gear in Mossy Oak Bottomland.  I am certain as promised by God it's a paradise beyond what any of us can fathom.
Questions? Answer: Jesus

runngun

Absolutely percent correct!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

jhoward11

Let's make sure we get there first! You can't earn heaven. No one is that good! Repent/Accept/acknowledge him as your savior, then take whatever he has to give you in heaven. He says no crying, or sadness in heaven. So if there is hunting, that would mean a bird every morning and no misses. I'm good with that!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: zelmo1 on April 19, 2023, 08:24:06 AM
Two hand touch or catch and relaese. I am hopeful. Z
Must be tackle or it is not real football.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Moore

I don't see why there would be any hunting in heaven. Our mind setting will be worship the lord and fellowship with him. It is great to hear you wanting to walk closer to the lord.
[