turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If this is a indication of waterfowl season

Started by Sherrell, June 28, 2011, 06:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherrell

If this is a indication of the habitat conditions on the prairie pothole regions of North America,it looks like we will have one jam up duck season come this winter.not much into messing with bluewings and they were a complete nuisance in the blocks last year waiting out the big duck flights....but I hope it fills Louisiana's delta up with wigeon,pintails and gaddy's for my arrival.
looks like the highest increase since standardized records were started in 1955.bides well for my more cherished dish faced friends.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/outdoors/tompkins/7627094.html

YELPA

Bring'em on!  I've been checking out the Flyways.us website and things do look very good.  I've had two junk duck seasons in a row and need a good year before duck hunting just becomes a distraction between football and turkeys.  I threatened to take up fall turkey hunting full throttle after this past duck season. 

savduck

Quote from: Sherrell on June 28, 2011, 06:34:19 PM
If this is a indication of the habitat conditions on the prairie pothole regions of North America,it looks like we will have one jam up duck season come this winter.not much into messing with bluewings and they were a complete nuisance in the blocks last year waiting out the big duck flights....but I hope it fills Louisiana's delta up with wigeon,pintails and gaddy's for my arrival.
looks like the highest increase since standardized records were started in 1955.bides well for my more cherished dish faced friends.

Ill come swat blue wings to keep them out the dekes for you. Record high for Bw this year highest since 1990
Georgia Boy

Sherrell

Our fall turkey is Nov. 5th. and figure me and my boy should get finished out before the first phase of duck starts.I just read the region reports and it looks like habitat conditions were in great shape in most regions.hard to believe it could get better than the year we had last season,but we'll manage em' just fine.good luck and may they be cupped & committed to your blocks.

Sherrell

Quote from: savduck on June 28, 2011, 07:27:55 PM
Quote from: Sherrell on June 28, 2011, 06:34:19 PM

Ill come swat blue wings to keep them out the dekes for you. Record high for Bw this year highest since 1990

I wish everyone of those little rascal's would just stop in your fine state of Georgia and stay all winter so I could hold out for Mr. Baldpate and Mr. Bull Sprig.Last year there were times we had forty or more setting in the blocks time after time and I told my Son if you'll wait and let these guys go...I'll show you how it is to work big ducks later in the morning.the first flock of wigeon came in at 9:30 and the fun begin from then on.

savduck

Only killed a handiful of Widgeon....they come through in October and early November. Seen pintail...never shot one though.

I love killing teal. My favorite to shoot. We have had a ton of Gadwalls the last two years. Hoping they imprint and keep coming. Maybe yall will get some.
Georgia Boy

Sherrell

I have a north Florida spot that gets the gadwalls and seems they've been doing real well.I do hope plenty of teal will make a showing for you...they are a fine eating duck for sure.

savduck

Ill keep you posted. Usually when they show up for us. Three or four days later my buddies near Jacksonville start seeing them.
Georgia Boy

Old Gobbler

They got a 16 day early teal in Texas !! we only get 4 days ...

Anyways, I am ready !!!!
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

drenalinld

Been working on some habitat with some friends. Sunflowers, corn, brown top millet. Bring em on!! :you_rock: :you_rock:

Executioner

Speaking of ducks, make sure to watch this next weeks episode of Duck Commander. While filming a teal hunt for Phil and the crew in Texas last fall, Phil bought the cameramen licenses in case they limited out. So, I got to make my Duck Commander debut hunting teal in TX. And as Phil said, the cameramen outshot the Duckmen that day. Check it out and let me know what ya'll think. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4

drenalinld

savduck

Quote from: Executioner on July 01, 2011, 02:12:52 PM
Speaking of ducks, make sure to watch this next weeks episode of Duck Commander. While filming a teal hunt for Phil and the crew in Texas last fall, Phil bought the cameramen licenses in case they limited out. So, I got to make my Duck Commander debut hunting teal in TX. And as Phil said, the cameramen outshot the Duckmen that day. Check it out and let me know what ya'll think. God bless.

Mike, Id like to get my hands on some of the old raw footage from Big Carters when you were filming for  Buck. The day after yall left, JT was over my shoulder and I tripled on gadwall, was all on tape. Same hunt JT got the footage of the suzies flying around the cabelas vortex machine. Roy still got that place? I heard he sold it.
Georgia Boy

Old Gobbler

BW Teal and Pintail are gaining Big Time - 2 of my favorites

Mike , I will record that episode , I enjoy the Duck Commander show greatly , and can understand why it is Outdoor Channels #1 Ratings show -

Every time I watch it, Phil so reminds me of my dad
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Executioner

Quote from: savduck on July 01, 2011, 07:29:45 PM
Quote from: Executioner on July 01, 2011, 02:12:52 PM

Mike, Id like to get my hands on some of the old raw footage from Big Carters when you were filming for  Buck. The day after yall left, JT was over my shoulder and I tripled on gadwall, was all on tape. Same hunt JT got the footage of the suzies flying around the cabelas vortex machine. Roy still got that place? I heard he sold it.
Buck Gardner has that footage. Roy sold the place to some friends of mine, it would be the place you see the Duckmen hunting in Kansas on their videos/tv show. God bless.
"Confidence in your God given abilities adds more turkeys to your daily limit" Mike Miller "The Turkey Killer" Take delight in the LORD, and He will give you your hearts desires. Psalm 37:4