OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone else have stupidly wide feet?

Started by SDK, April 09, 2023, 05:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDK

And if so, what hunting boot are you wearing?

I'm EEE bordering on EEEE. Having a heck of a time finding boots that don't squeeze my feet. My Vasque boots are about to kick the bucket after 25 hard years of service, and I can't find anything that fits. Even the Vasque boots were painful for a long while. Problem is that things I could tough through in my 20s are gonna cripple me in my 50's.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Dtrkyman

Not sure on that width but Keen has a roomy boot.

Probably need to get some made for you, or a nice leather boot that you soak and wear until dry should help form to your feet.

Yoder409

11 EEEE here.

I've blown the pinkie toe area outta tennis shoes all my life.

Mostly always I'm in my Irish Setter VaprTrek snake boots and they fit perfectly.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

runngun

Hoss, if you got 25 years out of a pair of boots, you need to have them dipped in Bronze!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Greg Massey

Quote from: runngun on April 09, 2023, 07:28:26 PM
Hoss, if you got 25 years out of a pair of boots, you need to have them dipped in Bronze!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
X2 I agree .... :TooFunny:

JHL

13EEE here. Georgia boot has a Georgia giant pull on Wellington that fits me well. I wear them everyday and usually get close to a couple years out of a pair.

Tarheel

Tandin93

I am a 12 EEE and I love my crispi lapponias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc

Narrow foot with a high arch...  Horrible time purchasing hunting boots...

I upland hunt in them, and do not turkey hunt in very cold weather...  Feet cook while upland hunting in insulated boots...

Tried buying ladies boots once, and found out that they made the heel much more narrow (which I did not care for due to the lack of stability).

Currently wearing a pair of Browning boots I purchased on sale...  Soles are glued on and taped...  Need another pair, but they are no longer made.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Brillo

You are correct about the impact of footwear and later difficulty.  I have developed neuropathy in my left foot due to wearing shoes that were a bit too narrow. My feet are ridiculously wide and getting wider as I get older.  I have found Danner Pronghorns in EEEE to be real good.  Problem is the Danner quality roulette.  Sometimes good but not going to last you 25 years.  What might last 25 years is the Lowa Tibet.  I showed a pair of those to my podiatrist and he nearly swooned.  I did go up a half size to get the width perfect which did not make him happy but life is full of compromise and the way the Tibet laces offsets the downside.  I love those boots.  They are heavier than my Pronhorns so I typically use the Prongorns for general upland activity and save the Tibets for rugged use.

Brillo

BTW...I had a pair of Vasque back when they were about the only good choice for serious hiking.  Took forever to break in but lasted ten years of heavy  use.  Many great boots available today with most of those being made in Europe. Needing a wide boot will narrow your options but they are out there.

SDK

Thanks for all of the replies. I'm going to look into all of these options.

On the 25 year thing, that's how much I have to coddle footwear when I find something that fits me lol. I only use my current boots for hunting, bathe them in Hubbards Shoe Grease and have lost track of how many times I've re-laced them. As Brillo mentioned, they took a long time to break in but have been tough as nails ever since.

Off to do some research.....

ChiefBubba

I have same problem. I was an 11 1/2 EEE all my life but about 20 years ago I had to start wearing 12's because nothing is wide enough. And now in my 60's I get the swelling issues. I finally went to a Red Wing store got remeasured and back into my 11 1/2 EEE which they call H now. I have a brand new pair of Crispi's that just aren't wide enough. Bubba

stewdawg

high arch and wide foot. anywhere from 11-12, EEE-EEEE depending on brand. Danner Pronghorns have been working well. I wear Keen Durands in a wide everyday for work and in the woods a bit, but they only last a season as I am 220 lbs.

Sir-diealot

Left foot is either a EEE or EEEE depending on brand and the right foot is longer and just a EE If I do find something comfortable I have to buy two pair. Oh I have a very high instep on both feet and the left foot is flat.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."