OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Same Old Picture

Started by Flatsnbay, April 03, 2023, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roberthyman14

Quote from: Flatsnbay on April 04, 2023, 08:20:46 AM
Great pics and ideas. I remembered seeing a pic of a hunter walking down a trail with the bird slung over his back. The back drop scenery made it cool and different. I wish I could find it and post it.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
I took this picture.  Guy carrying bird was his 1st. And old crow walking with him

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

vt35mag

Still behind the fan, but on the tractor the farmer parked in the field after last cut in the fall

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Treerooster on April 04, 2023, 12:39:43 PM
I carry a camera with me and try to capture some of the memories that are maybe unique to the hunt.
Depending on where you are, there might not be any other options. I try to look for stumps, fallen trees, rock formations, the ole limb hanger pose, etc. But if I can't find them, it's the same ole pose on the ground.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

g8rvet

Some of my favorite pics.

First is posing on my 78 Bronco Tailgate.
Second is nephew and son with my TK2000 - 3/4 mile from truck.  Killed birds within 10 yards of each other a week apart.
Third is one I posed in my lounger.  He took a long time to work his way to me and the lounger made it very comfortable. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Cowboy

Quote from: silvestris on April 05, 2023, 05:08:50 PM
Please resize your photos.
Too big, too small, just right? Elaborate on your request.....

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

captpete

Quote from: Cowboy on April 05, 2023, 11:14:41 PM

A lot of them are so big you have to scroll both main page and the picture just to see the pic....at least they are on my computer and laptop. Some are so big you can almost count the pellet holes in the head.

As an example RutnNStrutn 's pictures are the perfect size at least on my computer....no scrolling needed.

reflexl

762hunter

I agree and see a lot of my pictures from the past being the same pose.

I now make an effort to include some of the terrain of where I am. 
A friend on here gave me coordinates to a location to take pictures of my SD Merriams last year with Rushmore in the background.

I for whatever reason seemed to hold the bird and shotgun up in the air.  My girlfriend calls it the "Victory" pose. So I do try to duplicate that for pictures too.

That was my 1st Osceola from this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

Personally, I like the pictures of somebody posed with a turkey that looks like a drowned rat that's been beat with a baseball bat.  ...Those are my favorites!   ;D :angel9:

Cowboy

Quote from: captpete on April 06, 2023, 08:10:50 AM

A lot of them are so big you have to scroll both main page and the picture just to see the pic....at least they are on my computer and laptop. Some are so big you can almost count the pellet holes in the head.

As an example RutnNStrutn 's pictures are the perfect size at least on my computer....no scrolling needed.
Gotcha. I did resize but evidently, not enough. I'll try the other setting. 

Treerooster

Quote from: Cowboy on April 06, 2023, 11:24:54 AM
Quote from: captpete on April 06, 2023, 08:10:50 AM

Gotcha. I did resize but evidently, not enough. I'll try the other setting. 

Agree with some pics being just way too big. Can't really even see them for all practical purposes. Makes it hard to even read other posts sometimes.

I am on another site, upland hunting, and there is a link to an image resizer you can go to and resize pics pretty easily. I suggested one on here a while back back never heard nothing. On the other site the amount of data a pic can have per post is limited so a pic almost has to be resized, might get one big pic in but that's it.

Strutbuster91

Here is 1 I took of a rainy day gobbler I killed on a trip to Ohio during covid

Strutbuster91

This is 1 of my favorites. There was an old dozer on the edge of the woods I killed this 1 in.

Kygobblergetter

Kygobblergetter

I'm a big fan of the walking away picture in the area of the kill