OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Same Old Picture

Started by Flatsnbay, April 03, 2023, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flatsnbay

How come everyone (including myself) takes the same old picture of posing with a turkey on the ground with the tail fan spread out? Looking over all the turkey hunting pics on social media, every picture is of the hunter on the ground holding the tail fan open. There really isn't a variation of anything different in each picture. I realized that I couldn't even tell the difference looking at the pics of the turkeys that I've harvested over the years.

Help me with some ideas and examples of how to pose with your turkey other than the same old picture.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

silvestris

"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

roberthyman14

Ive started trying to hang them where I kill them.  If u can find that sign you know where he died

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Hung mine from the ladder to a tree stand that the land owners son had built.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Turkeybutt

Quote from: Flatsnbay on April 03, 2023, 10:15:13 PM
How come everyone (including myself) takes the same old picture of posing with a turkey on the ground with the tail fan spread out? Looking over all the turkey hunting pics on social media, every picture is of the hunter on the ground holding the tail fan open. There really isn't a variation of anything different in each picture. I realized that I couldn't even tell the difference looking at the pics of the turkeys that I've harvested over the years.
It's true! The only thing I notice is the fact I'm older and getting heavier in each photo.
I will say I do enjoy seeing the younger hunters with their big smiles holding their turkey with the fan open as its something very special for them.
Somebody recently posted a black and white photo of his or her bird hanging by the wall of the cabin which I enjoyed and thought was classy.
I did enjoy the three photos that were posted. The weight sign with the turkey hanging was a nice touch as well as laying on the tailgate of the truck. Steve your photo with the turkey hanging by the old ladder is cool. Maybe take a photo of the turkey by the tree you were sitting at or laying over a log. Something different!
In my opinion comedy photos are not needed nor appreciated as we should show respect for the bird we so love to hunt.

Flatsnbay

Great pics and ideas. I remembered seeing a pic of a hunter walking down a trail with the bird slung over his back. The back drop scenery made it cool and different. I wish I could find it and post it.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

ScottTaulbee

Every season I take various photos of the ones I get but this is the staple. First one is my daughter's first exposure to a turkey, the next is my daughter with a pair myself and my dad doubled on both of those she was 9 months old, the next one is one my daughter was sitting in my lap when I shot that gobbler, she was almost 2. The next was a gobbler I got when she was almost 3, the next one we added a brother and she was almost 4, last years photo her brother was a year and a couple months old and she was going on 5. This year if I'm fortunate enough to get one, it'll be her at almost 6, her brother at 2 and her baby brother at almost 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom007

Like the hanging pics, they are different..
"Solo hunter"

ScottTaulbee

These are more of my "off the wall" pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Treerooster

I carry a camera with me and try to capture some of the memories that are maybe unique to the hunt.
Most are not taken back at the truck...except for that one at the jeep. Dig the mud...eh?

Here are a few. Got plenty more, a lot with just the bird and a call or some other special item.
I chose these because of the OP talking about the classic pose with bird & hunter.

snoman4

I like to take different photos. Some of guys I've called in birds for.

nebgoosehunter

I typically do the same thing every picture, but what sets each one apart is the background.  I try to take it roughly in the same spot or area I shot it, which is typically pretty scenic where I'm at.  To some it may just be a background of pine trees, but I can remember the details of that hunt and location when I see the picture.  I also carry a small tripod with a cell phone mount in my vest.

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Cowboy

I like just the gobbler and gun photos sometimes..

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

silvestris

Please resize your photos.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game