OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

M2 Turkey Vest

Started by illmakeufamous, April 03, 2023, 05:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illmakeufamous

Anyone on here getting the Tethrd/THP M2? $300 is extremely steep for me but figured there's some hardcore gear heads here that'll have to have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dazzler

Whoa!  That's like 25 TSS shells.

Matt76cmich

I'm happy with the M2 with the bird bag so far.  I haven't hunted in it yet (season starts at the end of the month), but it seems like it will workout for what I was looking for.  I don't take much out with me, but I wanted something with just enough room for what I need and be able to haul a bird out in it.  I was also happy to see it's made here in the USA.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Burtwill

I've been in mine for about 2 weeks of season now. I like it a lot. My favorite I have had so far and its pretty light.

Two things that are not my favorite. The seat is still a little flappy even when snugged down but i don't notice it too much. The pot call pockets are almost too small i have to force mine in.

other than that i really like it.

Dazzler

Quote from: Burtwill on April 05, 2023, 11:54:18 AM
I've been in mine for about 2 weeks of season now. I like it a lot. My favorite I have had so far and its pretty light.

Two things that are not my favorite. The seat is still a little flappy even when snugged down but i don't notice it too much. The pot call pockets are almost too small i have to force mine in.

other than that i really like it.
Site says 3-6 lbs depending on configuration. I'm guessing 4.5lbs with bird bag?

ThunderChickenGetter

I've had mine for a couple days. I got the hydro pack version. I like it much more than the grounded vest it replaced. It's lighter with all my stuff loaded in it, and it's cooler on warm days. Holds everything i need and nothing i don't. Plus it's made in the USA. I think I'll be holding onto this one for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

I have had one for about 3 weeks and have used exclusively it this season. It's ok but I'm not sold on it yet. This is my honest review and others mileage may vary.
  First It is lightweight and cool. I like the fit and concept but I have more dislikes than likes. It fits very well and it is very sleek. I ordered the vest and asked about purchasing a couple more pot call pouch's. I was informed that it was not possible at this time. They only had what each vest came with. I understand and went ahead and ordered the 2 vertical pouches with it. I got the bird bag thinking may as well because I can put a bladder in it. The hook up worked fine.
  Vest arrived. I was thinking the yoke would be a little more hefty like my LBE I carried in the Army. Nope , it is a little flimsy but manageable. The yoke did have the re enforcement in the V part that goes between shoulder blades. The belt was not much better. I just feel for 300 bucks that the main parts of the system would be a bit more beefier. I realize they made it this way to keep the system lighter. I like to carry a box call and this vest is lackluster for that. The holder for the box is junk. Next gripe is that a regular short box is a struggle getting in the vertical pocket. You have to force it to make it fit so you can zip the pocket up. Why they just didn't make the pouch a inch longer is beyond me. I said oh well , I will put in the horizontal pocket , same problem. The short box is a tad too long to fit in any pocket and zip it up without major binding.
  I talked with Mrs. Glenda Green and got her to make me some pot call , box call and she'll holders to use in the vest. She put Velcro on them and I received them. She did a great job but the pouches are just to put it simply , too small.
  Like the concept of the seat and the deployment is awesome, however the cushion sucks. If you sit awhile you backside ain't gonna be happy. I find myself fidgeting after about 30 minutes trying to get comfortable. Also they call this vest customizable but it really is not. There is really very limiting things you can do that is different than the basic set up. I tried moving pouch's around and the only sensible set up is the way the instructions state to put it together.
  If you want a lightweight vest that is cool for run and gunning and you only carry a couple of pot calls then this vest is for you. I'm going back to using my grounded vest. The seat is awesome for comfort and I can carry everything I need with room to spare. The grounded vest is going to be hotter but for my needs is about perfect.
   I loved the idea and concept of the M2 vest but for the price and limitations, it's not worth it to me. I will end up most likely selling the M2. Vest are individual preference for sure and many will love it and it will fit their needs perfectly.  If the pouches were a tad bit longer and a tad bit wider , I would change out the cushion and be satisfied with it. If I was to do it again , I would not purchase this vest. Sorry for the long winded response but it is what it is. Good luck.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Old Timer

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 05, 2023, 02:25:00 PM
I have had one for about 3 weeks and have used exclusively it this season. It's ok but I'm not sold on it yet. This is my honest review and others mileage may vary.
  First It is lightweight and cool. I like the fit and concept but I have more dislikes than likes. It fits very well and it is very sleek. I ordered the vest and asked about purchasing a couple more pot call pouch's. I was informed that it was not possible at this time. They only had what each vest came with. I understand and went ahead and ordered the 2 vertical pouches with it. I got the bird bag thinking may as well because I can put a bladder in it. The hook up worked fine.
  Vest arrived. I was thinking the yoke would be a little more hefty like my LBE I carried in the Army. Nope , it is a little flimsy but manageable. The yoke did have the re enforcement in the V part that goes between shoulder blades. The belt was not much better. I just feel for 300 bucks that the main parts of the system would be a bit more beefier. I realize they made it this way to keep the system lighter. I like to carry a box call and this vest is lackluster for that. The holder for the box is junk. Next gripe is that a regular short box is a struggle getting in the vertical pocket. You have to force it to make it fit so you can zip the pocket up. Why they just didn't make the pouch a inch longer is beyond me. I said oh well , I will put in the horizontal pocket , same problem. The short box is a tad too long to fit in any pocket and zip it up without major binding.
  I talked with Mrs. Glenda Green and got her to make me some pot call , box call and she'll holders to use in the vest. She put Velcro on them and I received them. She did a great job but the pouches are just to put it simply , too small.
  Like the concept of the seat and the deployment is awesome, however the cushion sucks. If you sit awhile you backside ain't gonna be happy. I find myself fidgeting after about 30 minutes trying to get comfortable. Also they call this vest customizable but it really is not. There is really very limiting things you can do that is different than the basic set up. I tried moving pouch's around and the only sensible set up is the way the instructions state to put it together.
  If you want a lightweight vest that is cool for run and gunning and you only carry a couple of pot calls then this vest is for you. I'm going back to using my grounded vest. The seat is awesome for comfort and I can carry everything I need with room to spare. The grounded vest is going to be hotter but for my needs is about perfect.
   I loved the idea and concept of the M2 vest but for the price and limitations, it's not worth it to me. I will end up most likely selling the M2. Vest are individual preference for sure and many will love it and it will fit their needs perfectly.  If the pouches were a tad bit longer and a tad bit wider , I would change out the cushion and be satisfied with it. If I was to do it again , I would not purchase this vest. Sorry for the long winded response but it is what it is. Good luck.
Well that answers a lot of my questions. I am a big box call guy and this will not do it for me. I`m running the Sitka and if that don`t pan out I will go back to one of my old vest. Nice to have options. Thanks for your honest review. Good day

idratherb

stewdawg

Appreciate the reviews. Disappointed hearing about box calls and pots maybe not fitting.

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: stewdawg on April 05, 2023, 05:26:04 PM
Appreciate the reviews. Disappointed hearing about box calls and pots maybe not fitting.

The pots fit fine. I really have a issue with the funky box call holder and on top of all that , a standard size short box call will fit but just barely. It's so tight that it is a struggle to zip the pocket back up when you get it in there. Like I said if they would have made the pouches a inch longer and a little wider it would be good. The design is really not box call friendly. No vest is perfect I understand that. I really wanted this vest to be great but the guys that designed it don't use box calls so that feature fell to the wayside. This vest will be awesome for some but in my opinion 300 bucks should be great for everybody. I am not trying to put the vest down whatsoever, just really isn't for me or anyone that carries box calls. Usually I wait on a review like the one I posted before buying but I let the thrill of designing a vest to fit the individual persuade me to buy it. To date , for me , the grounded vest has suited my needs more than anything else out there.
Don't get me wrong , if you only carry a couple pots and strikers and want to really travel light , the vest is almost perfect with exception of seat comfort. It's light and cool . Put a 2 liter bladder in it and it's no lighter than anything else.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

stewdawg

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 05, 2023, 05:41:46 PM

The pots fit fine. I really have a issue with the funky box call holder and on top of all that , a standard size short box call will fit but just barely. It's so tight that it is a struggle to zip the pocket back up when you get it in there. Like I said if they would have made the pouches a inch longer and a little wider it would be good. The design is really not box call friendly. No vest is perfect I understand that. I really wanted this vest to be great but the guys that designed it don't use box calls so that feature fell to the wayside. This vest will be awesome for some but in my opinion 300 bucks should be great for everybody. I am not trying to put the vest down whatsoever, just really isn't for me or anyone that carries box calls. Usually I wait on a review like the one I posted before buying but I let the thrill of designing a vest to fit the individual persuade me to buy it. To date , for me , the grounded vest has suited my needs more than anything else out there.
Don't get me wrong , if you only carry a couple pots and strikers and want to really travel light , the vest is almost perfect with exception of seat comfort. It's light and cool . Put a 2 liter bladder in it and it's no lighter than anything else.

Been looking at the Grounded vest as well. I picked up a Mr. Fox vest, but dont know that it will suit my needs... Currently running a Cabelas Tatr and it is pretty hard to beat IMO.

paboxcall

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 05, 2023, 05:41:46 PM

Your input sort of confirms what I suspected.

I'd take the M2 harness and the belt with the molle by itself, and attach molle pouches or zip pockets from Amazon and Marsupial, etc., to make it 100% custom to the way / how I hunt.

The size of those M2 horizontal pockets seem to take up all available molle straps so either use them (because you have to buy them) or ditch them and waste the money. Definitely appears to be designed by pot call hunters, not box call hunters.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Dazzler

This outfit does tremendous work. The vest isn't turkey specific, but I'd venture to guess if you sent him a seat, he'd attach it.

This is much more modular if that's your thing.  Call him with an idea and he'll make it.

https://www.customgearmodifications.com/product-page/modular-saddle-suspender-sporting-vest-ms2v

kwild835

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 05, 2023, 02:25:00 PM

This is exactly what I thought about the vest.  No way to hunt a box call really.  I was most disappointed in the seat comfort, it is almost not worth leaving attached.