turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Coolers...

Started by jperrotti, June 27, 2011, 04:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jperrotti

I'm sick of replacing latches and hinges on ice chests/coolers. The plastic is so brittle. Anybody got any recommendations. I'd spend $150 on a 50 quart. Just can't go the $300 on a YETI.
Remington 870 SPS-T Super Mag .660 JH Nitro 2-1/4 oz. Straight 7's Burris FastFire II

Reloader

jp, Ice Kool may be the closest to the Yeti type for a reasonable price. 

http://icekool.net/85-liter-premium-range-iku85p-p-73.html?zenid=777d6b5334ce7a0c71dd6ddbcbbd00b8

I guess we've been lucky with our Igloos.  I've toted a 150qt and 179qt all over the country big game hunting and only had to replace a couple latches.

hookedspur

They look like good ones .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Old Gobbler

Those look nice !!

I have a cheap cooler that the hinge came off and swung over the tailgate and proceeded to scratch up the paint job on my new truck as I bounced through the swamp -  you know what I did , I got myself brass hinge's an clasps and screwed that down after that BS
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Preacher

You can fix the lid , ( broke hindges) with an old tire,  or layer an old inner-tube,  just attach the rubber with short sheetrock screws to the lid and the box.   Use the holes where the old hindges were.   You can even add a third in the middle  If you have a teen-age son.
Romans 8:37

MaxTom

Just save up and buy a yeti and dont look back, my family bought me a 50qt for Christmas, didnt have a reason to use it until our April tornado's, our power was out for 5 days, once you get it cooled down it will hold ice for a week, I love mine.

Reloader

Quote from: Preacher on June 29, 2011, 11:04:40 PM
You can fix the lid , ( broke hindges) with an old tire,  or layer an old inner-tube,  just attach the rubber with short sheetrock screws to the lid and the box.   Use the holes where the old hindges were.   You can even add a third in the middle  If you have a teen-age son.

Preacher,  I used to use rubber as well, but got tired of it dry rotting and found something better.  The nylon straps about 2-3" wide, the ones like the large rachet straps or on a cheap safety harness work like a champ.  I see pieces of straps on the hwy all the time.  Cut them with a razor and burn the cut with a lighter or small torch.  They will prob last as long as the cooler and don't dry rot like rubber.

gobbler74

Quote from: Preacher on June 29, 2011, 11:04:40 PM

Good idea
Thick leather works well too..I like my old max cold cooler but hinges are junk..need a replacement on those soon
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

HARDCORE

Quote from: MaxTom on June 30, 2011, 10:25:14 AM
Just save up and buy a yeti and dont look back, my family bought me a 50qt for Christmas, didnt have a reason to use it until our April tornado's, our power was out for 5 days, once you get it cooled down it will hold ice for a week, I love mine.

Without a doubt the best cooler on the market. I keep a 105qt Yeti in my truck year round. I ice it down about every 5-6 days in the summer and I live in the deep south, in the winter it will keep ice for two weeks or more.

The savings ($$$) on ice is nice but not having to worry about keeping the stuff in the cooler cold for days on end is well worth the cost of a great cooler.

HC

rempumpman

I grew tired of doing the same and yeti coolers have now stettled all of my cooler problems; expensive.......yes......but worth every penny;
God has always provided the tree, but you never read where he built the nest.

mountman62

Quote from: Hardcore on June 30, 2011, 10:01:47 PM
Quote from: MaxTom on June 30, 2011, 10:25:14 AM

Without a doubt the best cooler on the market. I keep a 105qt Yeti in my truck year round. I ice it down about every 5-6 days in the summer and I live in the deep south, in the winter it will keep ice for two weeks or more.

The savings ($$$) on ice is nice but not having to worry about keeping the stuff in the cooler cold for days on end is well worth the cost of a great cooler.

HC

I could hunt out of state in 4 states for 4 years with the money in the back of that truck, but wouldn't nothing get hot

It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

jperrotti

Wasn't there a deal posted on here for getting a yeti cooler cheaper. Like a promo code or something you'd get it at "outfitter" price.
Remington 870 SPS-T Super Mag .660 JH Nitro 2-1/4 oz. Straight 7's Burris FastFire II

honker22

I just ordered the premium range 58 quart from IceKool.  I will let you know how it works out.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

mnturkey

Last november I put a block of Ice in my cheep igloo cooler and it kept the Ice frozen until March, I just left the cooler out on the back porch in the shade.  Thats 5 months of cool.
SEMPER FI