turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Stevens 555 20 gauge

Started by Neill_Prater, March 27, 2023, 06:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill_Prater

Posting here hoping for a quick response. Buddy of mine was gifted a Stevens 555 in 20 gauge. Quick search regarding choke compatibility was a little confusing so am hoping one of you has one and could confirm what choke fits, and hopefully, what is working for you.

He's getting tired of toting around his 10 lb. 870. LOL  Thanks

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

tracker#1

I'm running a Sumtoy .562 in the bottom barrel (40 yards) and an IM trulock .591 top barrel for shoe top to 20 yards. Using some hand loads, #8s tss and nickel-plated #7s lead... If not using tss then I would suggest Carlsons .568

hunter85

The 555 uses mobile threads chokes. I use Carlson.565 in the top and a Carlson black cloud.600 in the bottom and shoot fed tss 9's in both barrels.

Sungrazer

Quote from: tracker#1 on March 27, 2023, 07:38:16 AM
I'm running a Sumtoy .562 in the bottom barrel (40 yards) and an IM trulock .591 top barrel for shoe top to 20 yards. Using some hand loads, #8s tss and nickel-plated #7s lead... If not using tss then I would suggest Carlsons .568

Am interested in what brand #7 shotshell your using. I've been trying to procure Fiocchi golden pheasant 3" 20ga. #7.5 shot to no avail.

tracker#1

Yeah, Golden is hard to find so I gave up and went on Ballistic Products archives and picked out a 20 gauge turkey load, ordered 
#7 nickel plated and rolled my own. So if you don't have the means for rolling your own try using federal Prairie Storm #6, Winchester Double X magnum turkey#5, Remington Nitro, or Premier magnum #5s #6s