OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Grand Slam complete

Started by 762hunter, March 20, 2023, 10:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiloh

Congrats on your osceola!!  I noticed your pic in the kill thread with Terry.  He and I shared an archery deer camp in the 90's in west central Illinois and he was very enjoyable to hunt with.  We stayed up one night and watched the Hollifield/Tyson fight after we had both killed our bucks.  A little more down that rabbit hole.  Fast forward about 10 years and I married a girl from SW Alabama who's father had gone all the way through school with a fellow named Ben Lee and Ben's dad was their ag teacher.  If I remember correctly Ben was one of Terry's turkey hunting mentors.

johnnyk2000

Congratulations!! I really like the picture!

bbcoach

CONGRATS!!!  I have mine as well but to me it's not about killing the 4 species.  To me it's about the different States I have been able to travel to and the friends and people that I've shared those Hunts with.  GREAT MEMORIES!!!!

POk3s

Very well done. Congratulations!!

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

TBoo

That's awesome.  Congratulations!

762hunter

Quote from: Shiloh on March 21, 2023, 11:54:53 AM
Congrats on your osceola!!  I noticed your pic in the kill thread with Terry.  He and I shared an archery deer camp in the 90's in west central Illinois and he was very enjoyable to hunt with.  We stayed up one night and watched the Hollifield/Tyson fight after we had both killed our bucks.  A little more down that rabbit hole.  Fast forward about 10 years and I married a girl from SW Alabama who's father had gone all the way through school with a fellow named Ben Lee and Ben's dad was their ag teacher.  If I remember correctly Ben was one of Terry's turkey hunting mentors.
He was in camp while I was down there. Super cool dude!
Was nice to meet a Hall of Fame'r while in the middle of nowhere FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callmn closer

Congratulations! The feeling you get when you have finally taken that last bird to complete your slam!!

joey46

ddturkeyhunter

Quote from: bbcoach on March 21, 2023, 12:15:24 PM
CONGRATS!!!  I have mine as well but to me it's not about killing the 4 species.  To me it's about the different States I have been able to travel to and the friends and people that I've shared those Hunts with.  GREAT MEMORIES!!!!
I have a number of slams also, but to me also it's the great people you meet along the way. That's why now I end up spending the money to go down to Florida ever other year too spend time with great friends. And hunt also of course, tagged out this year again. 

reflexl

Huge congrats! Great pics as well. You don't get to see a coral snake every day.

TJR

Congratulations!

slicksbeagles1

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Brillo

Gotta love friends with friends!  Cool story and congratulations.