Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

A few new Turkey Hunting products for lovers of all things turkey

Started by aclawrence, March 17, 2023, 06:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aclawrence

Hey fellow Old Gobbler members here are a couple things I have been tinkering around with. I have a for sale section in the general classifieds where I have been selling paracord lanyards and turkey totes the last couple years. I so appreciate all of the orders. Many of you bought my first lanyards even when the design wasn't the greatest and the drops were too long.  I've always tried to deliver great quality and I think my new little lanyards have settled into a nice design that matches the quality. 

I've decided to step away from making paracord totes and start a new adventure. I've always loved leather stuff and have started making leather turkey totes.  There are some other guys here on the forum that make some amazing paracord totes if that's what you're looking for. If you're interested in one of these leather totes or have any feedback on what you like or dislike with leather totes or totes in general I'd be happy to hear your feedback.

Also I've put together a display for your striker collections. These can be customized for any number of strikers. This one pictured below is the first one I made and I'm sending it to Mr. Jeff Harrison as a gift for all the wonderful strikers he's made for our community. It's solid oak, finished with a dark wax and shellac.  I have punched little circles out of the maroon scotch brite pads to go in the bottom of all the holes.  I believe I can easily fix these up to hold trumpets as well. I'm still figure out the prices for these and will update my other thread. I just wanted to drop in here and show you these new ideas I'm working on.

Thanks for looking!

https://youtu.be/yabpp4jA7Hs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey stew

silvestris

I would look at them if you would learn to resize your photos.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

aclawrence

Thanks everyone. The picture size is 4:3. I'm guessing you must be looking on a laptop. Sorry I'm always looking on my phone. I can try something different if I need to.

WV Ridge Reaper

Pic looks good here!!

I like it!! Would like to see you start doing some leather and bottomland/greenleaf stuff at reasonable priced rates.

Striker holder is nice,you might need a whole tree for me tho.

Enjoy the pictures and thanks for sharing

TurkinTone

aclawrence

Quote from: TurkinTone on March 17, 2023, 10:42:20 PM
How much for that ratty old trumpet? ;D
Ah that old thing. Nobody wants one of those

aclawrence

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 17, 2023, 10:24:17 PM
Pic looks good here!!

I like it!! Would like to see you start doing some leather and bottomland/greenleaf stuff at reasonable priced rates.

Striker holder is nice,you might need a whole tree for me tho.

Enjoy the pictures and thanks for sharing

Thanks, let me know the tree size and I can get started on it haha.

Tom007

Send in your resignation my friend. You have a new career!. Good luck, keep at it.......
"Solo hunter"

Greg Massey

aclawrence

Hey fellows I've gotten a couple new colors of leather in to make some totes out of. There is saddle tan, medium brown, and olive. What do y'all like the best?

aclawrence

Medium Brown Turkey Tote