OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Mr Fox merchandise....

Started by Ole Satilla, March 11, 2023, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

I honestly have no room to pick, I am about to drop $2500.00 on a camera lens and another 300 on other camera supplies.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Mallard1897

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 12, 2023, 09:05:24 PM
Quote from: owlhoot on March 12, 2023, 09:02:20 PM
Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 12, 2023, 08:54:45 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 12, 2023, 11:57:14 AM
Let me share another story with you, next to us was a couple who were on their honeymoon and less than 5 days married and drove from Florida, because he wanted to be a part of the Event and his new wife didn't have a clue what she was getting into with coming to the Event and she enjoyed all it had to offer and more and she braved the cold right alone his side.. WHAT MEMORIES .. and as he got his Vest , she could have got one but she didn't ... Just some more stories I'm sharing of the Passion others have for turkey hunting. She did say, after all of this she had a better understanding. Others told her it was just the beginning of what was to come ... LOL..
Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? I'm bout as die hard a turkey hunter as it can get. But I'd never drag my  wife on honeymoon up to BFE MS to buy a damn turkey vest. This seems like a CIA Psyop or something at this point with all the sensationalist out of touch asinine stories.
No, she should have got a vest also. Then sold it and went on a nice honeymoon or saved the profits for the future.
She could sell vest and hire a good divorce attorney
Or maybe just a tennis coach?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Quote from: Mallard1897 on March 12, 2023, 11:46:05 PM
Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 12, 2023, 09:05:24 PM
Quote from: owlhoot on March 12, 2023, 09:02:20 PM
Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 12, 2023, 08:54:45 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 12, 2023, 11:57:14 AM
Let me share another story with you, next to us was a couple who were on their honeymoon and less than 5 days married and drove from Florida, because he wanted to be a part of the Event and his new wife didn't have a clue what she was getting into with coming to the Event and she enjoyed all it had to offer and more and she braved the cold right alone his side.. WHAT MEMORIES .. and as he got his Vest , she could have got one but she didn't ... Just some more stories I'm sharing of the Passion others have for turkey hunting. She did say, after all of this she had a better understanding. Others told her it was just the beginning of what was to come ... LOL..
Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? I'm bout as die hard a turkey hunter as it can get. But I'd never drag my  wife on honeymoon up to BFE MS to buy a damn turkey vest. This seems like a CIA Psyop or something at this point with all the sensationalist out of touch asinine stories.
No, she should have got a vest also. Then sold it and went on a nice honeymoon or saved the profits for the future.
She could sell vest and hire a good divorce attorney
Or maybe just a tennis coach?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
If she had taken the Vest, you would have complained she got it to make a profit, some you will never understand the meaning of why she didn't take a Vest. In her doing this another person was able to receive a Vest..  And no she's not crazy.  But some of these replies are pretty crazy and i'm embarrassed for the forum and  by some of the comments. You should be ashamed.

sasquatch1

Man america sure is great ain't it?

Life is so damn easy we cry about people standing in line for a vest, reselling a vest, and worry about what others say on FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tom007

Quote from: sasquatch1 on March 13, 2023, 05:23:51 AM
Man america sure is great ain't it?

Life is so damn easy we cry about people standing in line for a vest, reselling a vest, and worry about what others say on FB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's sad right? It's sad that some have to dwell on negatives, pick apart those who delve into endeavors they disagree with, and caustically comment on issues that don't pertain to them..........
"Solo hunter"

DUPREE

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on March 11, 2023, 06:54:29 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 11, 2023, 02:16:56 PM
I will share one other thing that happen at the Event ... Next to us was a high school freshman who had saved his money for one of the vests, an awesome young man, and we all took great care of him with food and blankets to stay warm etc... He was so proud of his new turkey hunting vest and in my opinion the look on his face was priceless as he received his vest...  A Young turkey hunter,  who listen to us tell stories and shared knowledge about turkey hunting.
Greg, I don't know where you were sitting but I went to get coffee this morning around 4 30 at the thrift shop.  I saw a kid about 12 year old absolutely shivering! I felt so bad for that kid! Very underdressed. I had already given my buddy heater to a young man that was a student at Mississippi state because he was under dressed. I saw grown men sleeping in vehicles to stay warm but not that kid.

My 13yr old son was hanging out in the thrift shop around that time, but he was wearing insulated bibs and a jacket. He was still freezing though.

arkrem870

The girl should have bought a vest.  Her standing there all night to not buy one is absurd.

captpete

Quote from: runngun on March 12, 2023, 10:19:09 PM
What's crazy is that Turkey hunters are being called crazy, naive, stupid, dumb and other things by other Turkey hunters because they decided to buy something that they wanted.  Whether they decide to use it or resale it. It ain't up to me to tell another grown man how to spend his own money.   
The couple that had just been married, I say they're on the right foot. I wish them all the best.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

This right here^^^^.

Hunters have enough people/groups attacking them/us.....we don't need to be attacking ourselves!

kytrkyhntr

Ms Jessi Cole interviewed Toxey on the mossy oak website in an article about his father and the vest. My last comment to all the weird behavior I have seen on here is this, go read that interview. If it doesn't remind you of your grandpa/mentor or make you proud to support that company and what those guys stand for then I have nothing more to say.

You either get it or you don't.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

arkrem870

I've always been a mossy oak guy. I've worn it almost exclusively for years. And i wear something in mossy oak about everyday of my life.  I've been 100+ miles offshore in a boat wrapped in mossy oak.   I've been to the store in Mississippi. I watched hunting the country and all the early stuff. Watched the launch of mossy oak properties, biologic, gamekeepers, mossy oak fishing, mossy oak golf, mossy oak retrievers etc etc. they are experts at marketing and promoting. And have built an empire. The Dixon vest was very nice when it came out....it blew up with the help of social media down the road.  Now the fox vest is building off the same desire for people to have something exclusive that few others have. And nothing wrong with that. To each their own. But at the end of the day it's a turkey vest no better or worse than hundreds of others. I understand that many went to great lengths to procure it and that fine but because we don't all feel the same about having a exclusive turkey vest doesn't make us "not get it" or "not understand what it's all about". What it's all about for myself is hunting turkeys .....and I get that. Cheers

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: arkrem870 on March 13, 2023, 09:05:20 AM
I've always been a mossy oak guy. I've worn it almost exclusively for years. And i wear something in mossy oak about everyday of my life.  I've been 100+ miles offshore in a boat wrapped in mossy oak.   I've been to the store in Mississippi. I watched hunting the country and all the early stuff. Watched the launch of mossy oak properties, biologic, gamekeepers, mossy oak fishing, mossy oak golf, mossy oak retrievers etc etc. they are experts at marketing and promoting. And have built an empire. The Dixon vest was very nice when it came out....it blew up with the help of social media down the road.  Now the fox vest is building off the same desire for people to have something exclusive that few others have. And nothing wrong with that. To each their own. But at the end of the day it's a turkey vest no better or worse than hundreds of others. I understand that many went to great lengths to procure it and that fine but because we don't all feel the same about having a exclusive turkey vest doesn't make us "not get it" or "not understand what it's all about". What it's all about for myself is hunting turkeys .....and I get that. Cheers
We share similar thoughts.

My whole issue with the vest is not that it costs $450 (we live in a Capitalist society and if folks are willing to pay $450 then they can knock the my selves out).

My issue is the general public's perception of what the vest signifies.

I've seen several comments online that are along the lines of

"Mr Fox is the reason we have turkeys in East Mississippi today, his actions conserved the turkeys for generations to come"

"Fox is a turkey god amongst mortal men"

"If you don't understand the significance of the turkey vest your not a real turkey hunter".

No one knew what to think of Fox until mossy oak told them what to think, now he is being made out as some martyr for the turkey and America's greatest conservationist. Mossy Oak has a phenomenal marketing and community engagement team, no doubt about that.

I'm sure the vest is a nice vest made of high quality material, but don't fool yourself talking about what the vest means.

If someone wants to make a commemorative vest to honor a true conservationist how about we make vests in the name of
-Aldo Leopold
-Gifford Pinchot
-Theodore Roosevelt
-the tens of thousands of unnamed wildlife biologists, state and federal game agency employees, land managers, and so on.
-Hell even Joe Biden and his "30 by 30" initiative makes me think of him as a conservationist.

Point being, No one ever thought much of Fox Haas until Mossy Oak told you to do so. Not knocking Fox personally, I'm sure he's like everyone else's grandpa was. But don't act like this vest is anymore than 1) a vest commemorating someone's grandpa (That's right, would you buy a vest in honor of TR69'S grandpa? Probably not. Because I don't own the most well known camo company in the southeast) 2) A huge money grab by mossy oak.

jwhunter

Why do people care how another man spends his money. get out of the gossip corner

CALLM2U

I guess I never realized OG has so many Karens on here. 

mudlickman2

I don't really care about the prices. But all this dog and pony show about how much support they're getting and blah blah blah... who would have thought that if you take time to produce a quality product in America after decades of Chinese bs that people would be excited about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk