3bailey3

owlhoot

Quote from: 3bailey3 on March 12, 2023, 07:22:27 PM
Carl Ray is a NUT!!!
Why ?
Did he pay over 5000 bucks for turkey vest on Ebay ;D

SDK

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 11, 2023, 02:16:56 PM
I will share one other thing that happen at the Event ... Next to us was a high school freshman who had saved his money for one of the vests, an awesome young man, and we all took great care of him with food and blankets to stay warm etc... He was so proud of his new turkey hunting vest and in my opinion the look on his face was priceless as he received his vest...  A Young turkey hunter,  who listen to us tell stories and shared knowledge about turkey hunting.

Thank you for sharing this. I was getting depressed by the thread up until I read it.

They look like nice vests, but at the end of the day it's a fabric vest with pockets. I don't think I would pay even the $450 retail price...

Mallard1897

So he took up the time of game wardens who could actually be busting real poachers for some gag skit online?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

runngun

And they will convict him.  All they have to do is read the article above. He said that he was "frustrated or aggravated by the whole deal." So then he made the video when he got home.  Where he threatened/talking about the game warden.  Now he says, "I was just joking" So now he's selling more T-shirts to help pay for his lawyer.  He did this to himself.  They're probably going to catch him turkey hunting, because ain't no way he ain't going.

Have a good one, Bo

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Southernson13

If you never heard of him you're lucky. If you believe the "it's an act. It's just for grins" story you're a fool. What you see is actually what you get. There aw even done who argue that he's a victim but the DA, Jones county law enforcement, and even fed have been building this case against him for years. The arresting charge is just the tip of the iceberg.

Howieg

To be clear ... I'm not a fan of ole Carl Ray .  I don't even have face book . Friends send me some of his antics through text from time to time . He is entertaining,  I guess that's what he is after ?  Appears to me he has to much time on his hands and feels the need to be famous though saying ridiculous/ obnoxious things about turkey killing .  I trust no man who just throws dead game around like he does !  I'm not sure if he is just making all his crap up ? Or is he just that bold ?  Either way ,, just another ego driven face book hero !

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 12, 2023, 11:57:14 AM
Let me share another story with you, next to us was a couple who were on their honeymoon and less than 5 days married and drove from Florida, because he wanted to be a part of the Event and his new wife didn't have a clue what she was getting into with coming to the Event and she enjoyed all it had to offer and more and she braved the cold right alone his side.. WHAT MEMORIES .. and as he got his Vest , she could have got one but she didn't ... Just some more stories I'm sharing of the Passion others have for turkey hunting. She did say, after all of this she had a better understanding. Others told her it was just the beginning of what was to come ... LOL..
Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? I'm bout as die hard a turkey hunter as it can get. But I'd never drag my  wife on honeymoon up to BFE MS to buy a damn turkey vest. This seems like a CIA Psyop or something at this point with all the sensationalist out of touch asinine stories.

Stoeger_bird

Holy crap this has gotten so damn cringy! Some of yall need to go wipe.
T.W.D.W.D.

owlhoot

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 12, 2023, 08:54:45 PM
Let me share another story with you, next to us was a couple who were on their honeymoon and less than 5 days married and drove from Florida, because he wanted to be a part of the Event and his new wife didn't have a clue what she was getting into with coming to the Event and she enjoyed all it had to offer and more and she braved the cold right alone his side.. WHAT MEMORIES .. and as he got his Vest , she could have got one but she didn't ... Just some more stories I'm sharing of the Passion others have for turkey hunting. She did say, after all of this she had a better understanding. Others told her it was just the beginning of what was to come ... LOL..
Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? I'm bout as die hard a turkey hunter as it can get. But I'd never drag my  wife on honeymoon up to BFE MS to buy a damn turkey vest. This seems like a CIA Psyop or something at this point with all the sensationalist out of touch asinine stories.
No, she should have got a vest also. Then sold it and went on a nice honeymoon or saved the profits for the future.

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: owlhoot on March 12, 2023, 09:02:20 PM
Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 12, 2023, 08:54:45 PM
No, she should have got a vest also. Then sold it and went on a nice honeymoon or saved the profits for the future.
She could sell vest and hire a good divorce attorney

76chevy

this whole thing is silly

mossy oak is tops ar marketing though and some of you suckers got hooked

runngun

What's crazy is that Turkey hunters are being called crazy, naive, stupid, dumb and other things by other Turkey hunters because they decided to buy something that they wanted.  Whether they decide to use it or resale it. It ain't up to me to tell another grown man how to spend his own money.   
The couple that had just been married, I say they're on the right foot. I wish them all the best.

Have a good one, Bo

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Bedge7767

I didn't know who Carl Ray was either.
Jim

MossyOak92

Quote from: runngun on March 12, 2023, 10:19:09 PM
What's crazy is that Turkey hunters are being called crazy, naive, stupid, dumb and other things by other Turkey hunters because they decided to buy something that they wanted.  Whether they decide to use it or resale it. It ain't up to me to tell another grown man how to spend his own money.   
The couple that had just been married, I say they're on the right foot. I wish them all the best.

Have a good one, Bo

Good take. If it doesn't effect you who cares how others spend there money.

Sent from my moto g stylus (2022) using Tapatalk