OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Mr Fox merchandise....

Started by Ole Satilla, March 11, 2023, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howieg

I'm waiting on a " Carl Ray " vest !
Comes complete with running shoes and 2 get out of jail free tickets !

Dazzler

Times are tough economically and the tea leaves predict it getting worse. People are desperate these days, so I can't fault anyone for turning profit on a sewn together piece of manufactured scarcity.

JeffC

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 12, 2023, 12:36:17 AM
History has a way of paving a road, just like what the Fox Vest stands for in symbolizing what is the true meaning of giving back for generations to come. All of this started back in 1944 with Mr Fox killing his first turkey with model 12. So with all the great history that the vest stands for and conservation. The prototype vest was referred to as the traveling vest, as it was used in Mississippi and ended in May in New England. During it's travels the vest was used by family and close friends. The vest ended its journey with Mr Fox 3 grandsons killing turkeys in New England using Mr Fox Winchester model 12. So this vest will now become a part of making your own hunting stories if you are fortunate to receive one of these to carry on a great legacy for years to come.  From Mr Fox : The Good That Men Do Will Live Long After Theyre Gone.     

So again everyone has opinions, but history and memories will live forever. I Feel Mr Fox's legacy and history is worth preserving alone with what was done years ago with the Dixon Vest.  So regardless history will stand the test of time. So if you have one of the Vest you have the opportunity to share in all of its history and create your own history and memories.

Thank you Greg, couldnt say it better. Have a safe , great season.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Greg Massey

On Facebook check out and become a part of : Mr Fox Vest Conservators Group.  So for those who want to see it and read some awesome stories this page is for you. If not and you could careless move on, it's not the page for you...

Greg Massey

Let me share another story with you, next to us was a couple who were on their honeymoon and less than 5 days married and drove from Florida, because he wanted to be a part of the Event and his new wife didn't have a clue what she was getting into with coming to the Event and she enjoyed all it had to offer and more and she braved the cold right alone his side.. WHAT MEMORIES .. and as he got his Vest , she could have got one but she didn't ... Just some more stories I'm sharing of the Passion others have for turkey hunting. She did say, after all of this she had a better understanding. Others told her it was just the beginning of what was to come ... LOL..

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 12, 2023, 11:57:14 AM
Let me share another story with you, next to us was a couple who were on their honeymoon and less than 5 days married and drove from Florida, because he wanted to be a part of the Event and his new wife didn't have a clue what she was getting into with coming to the Event and she enjoyed all it had to offer and more and she braved the cold right alone his side.. WHAT MEMORIES .. and as he got his Vest , she could have got one but she didn't ... Just some more stories I'm sharing of the Passion others have for turkey hunting. She did say, after all of this she had a better understanding. Others told her it was just the beginning of what was to come ... LOL..

Great stories from that experience!
"Solo hunter"

Mallard1897

That's what it's all about. At least she has a better idea of what's she's getting into marrying a turkey hunter.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mozart_hunter

Anyone know when the vests go on sale online tomorrow?

Notsoyoungturk

Houndstooth just sent the follow email out.  Hopefully, this will kill the secondary market for that call.

????UPDATE on the Mr. Fox Call
UPDATE on the Mr. Fox Call, we are releasing the call Online to the public today.

After attending the Mossy Oak Official Fox Vest release in West Point and releasing our Mr. Fox Cherry call there first, they sold out way quicker than we had ever expected, the first hour and a half, to be exact. The event surpassed everyone's expectations which was an awesome thing to not only witness but for all the right reasons.

So we plan on releasing batches of the Mr. Fox Call throughout the Spring so we can try to make sure that we satisfy the vest owners that want them to complete their vests.

Tonight at 7 pm CST, we will release the next batch of the Mr. Fox Calls, so stay tuned on our Facebook Page  https://www.facebook.com/hound... for the announcement with the link to buy.

Each customer will be allowed 1 per order; we apologize for the inconvenience but Thank You for your understanding and continued support! ????????
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Cowboy

Quote from: guesswho on March 11, 2023, 02:26:10 PM
I have never given a second thought to what a man does with his turkey vest, nor what another man does with his money.   
100% in agreement.  To each their own.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Southernson13

Quote from: Howieg on March 12, 2023, 08:53:26 AM
I absolutely despise you people. Go back to Facebook with the rest of the outlaw fanboys.

GobbleNut

I have never given a second thought to what a man does with his turkey vest, nor what another man does with his money.

Yup, this...

Okay, I'll bite,...who the heck is Carl Ray?   ??? ::)

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 12, 2023, 04:50:23 PM

Yup, this...

A smart2@$$ redneck outlaw
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

HookedonHooks

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 12, 2023, 04:50:23 PM

He's the "What dem hooks gon be baw" guy. He sells annual shirts that promote trespassing such as "Can't Stop the Hop, 2023 Fence Crossing Tour". And he says dumb things like "It ain't rocket science, I'm coming for your birds baw, and come at me rejects."

He's currently under investigation for trespassing, poaching, and over harvesting but claiming he's totally innocent and his alter-ego is purely for comedy. He's like an outlaw version of Rut Daniels, but they're both kinda dumb. You might not know who Rut is either, so it might be a bad reference.

RiverBuck

Satire is kind of hopeless and in todays world, gets you in trouble because of the literacy rate of the American public. The DNR had Carl Ray on their radar. Gave him a ticket when he was duck hunting. The officer didn't show up to court so he said something rude about the officers wife.

https://www.leader-call.com/news/free_news/turkey-hunter-i-feel-like-i-m-on-a-murder-trial/article_b8b45a06-bc5e-11ed-93fb-b3165cf63617.html

I'm not surprised about the heat someone like Carl would receive on this forum.