News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Mr Fox merchandise....

Started by Ole Satilla, March 11, 2023, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 11, 2023, 08:10:26 PM
My Father ....passed in 1998 ...his buddies showed up to the funeral ..they were wearing full camo ...whole bunch of em ...they mentioned they kinda felt strange because everyone was wearing suits and ties I said "Sh*t ..he is  buried  in head to toe in MO Greenleaf .."  , if you knew the man you would understand, if you don't understand , you didnt really know Richard Kelly ... absolutely true story , I can provide names , with phone numbers and witnesses to that fact ...

kinda a inspiration for the boney patches ....there is a few people I have some profound stories about" turkey hunting is  my life " deals

Mr Fox ..I don't know him ...but then again ...I know him ...he is"us" ...turkey hunting is life ...if you don't understand..that's fine keep moving , if you understand...then you understand..I'm assuming with certainty that the Hass family understands fully well

Now I have original...mo bottom land garmets from the first year they came out in the 1980's...it's in MINT condition ... anyways the stuff is made well , and lasts ...I have a mo vest that's 15 years old ..got my money's worth out of it ..and it's still good

There is a lot of hype over the Mr Fox vest ..it nice , I'm sure it's made well and will last ...I'll wait for the excitement to pass then I'll take a look-see

Shannon
The vest are very well made. I have never heard the story of your Dad being buried in camo. Ironically I have a set of full foliage mossy oak that I will be buried in. My wife very well knows my wishes when I go.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Greg Massey

My Father ....passed in 1998 ...his buddies showed up to the funeral ..they were wearing full camo ...whole bunch of em ...they mentioned they kinda felt strange because everyone was wearing suits and ties I said "Sh*t ..he is  buried  in head to toe in MO Greenleaf .."  , if you knew the man you would understand, if you don't understand , you didnt really know Richard Kelly ... absolutely true story , I can provide names , with phone numbers and witnesses to that fact ...

kinda a inspiration for the boney patches ....there is a few people I have some profound stories about" turkey hunting is  my life " deals

Mr Fox ..I don't know him ...but then again ...I know him ...he is"us" ...turkey hunting is life ...if you don't understand..that's fine keep moving , if you understand...then you understand..I'm assuming with certainty that the Hass family understands fully well

Now I have original...mo bottom land garmets from the first year they came out in the 1980's...it's in MINT condition ... anyways the stuff is made well , and lasts ...I have a mo vest that's 15 years old ..got my money's worth out of it ..and it's still good

There is a lot of hype over the Mr Fox vest ..it nice , I'm sure it's made well and will last ...I'll wait for the excitement to pass then I'll take a look-see

Shannon
Thanks for sharing this with all of us ... God Bless my friend ...

owlhoot

Quote from: sasquatch1 on March 11, 2023, 07:28:38 PM
Quote from: Ole Satilla on March 11, 2023, 03:10:07 PM
Once again...this post was never intended to knock Mossy Oak....they seem like genuine good ole boys. My problem is with the people that scooped up vest and calls and already have them on Ebay at outrageous prices...and idiots will pay it. Look at ebay...people have the post made and the items are in their truck seats. They posted them for sale as soon as they got to the truck. Probably had to borrow the money to buy the calls and vest in the first place.
Sooo they hurt you in what way? Got there before you?

I'm just jealous I wasn't smart enough to make a 100% plus profit off a vest. Congrats to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Guess it is just going to be this way. Calls being re-sold. Call makers trying to take steps , some limiting who gets them to try to prevent huge profit reselling.
Now a turkey vest . Limited numbers or collectors editions. will drive the prices up an up.

dzsmith

While I have no interests in the vest ... I can't say much . I spent far more for a rare call I've been looking for , for years. And one day , when I'm old.... I'll probably sell my whole collection. Just the truth.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Howieg

I could give a —— less what anyone else does with there vest . They paid there 450 . This means it's there possession to do what they want !  If I could have gotten one ? I had intended to get one myself .   But decided to break 3 bones in the last 6 weeks . To many new dr bills to justify buying a vest now .... Maybe get one down the road someday ...

Sixes

No difference in buying that vest to resell than someone buying a trumpet from Billy Buice, throwing it on Ebay and doubling or tripling their money.

Same with a lot of call makers.  See if you can get someone to sell a KP, Cox or Prudhomme trumpet for what they paid for it.  Not going to happen.

Same with the Cody calls last year when folks went ballistic over calls that are not even limited.

Have you ever seen a Dixon vest sold for the original cost?

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 11, 2023, 07:14:14 PM
Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on March 11, 2023, 06:54:29 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 11, 2023, 02:16:56 PM
I will share one other thing that happen at the Event ... Next to us was a high school freshman who had saved his money for one of the vests, an awesome young man, and we all took great care of him with food and blankets to stay warm etc... He was so proud of his new turkey hunting vest and in my opinion the look on his face was priceless as he received his vest...  A Young turkey hunter,  who listen to us tell stories and shared knowledge about turkey hunting.
Greg, I don't know where you were sitting but I went to get coffee this morning around 4 30 at the thrift shop.  I saw a kid about 12 year old absolutely shivering! I felt so bad for that kid! Very underdressed. I had already given my buddy heater to a young man that was a student at Mississippi state because he was under dressed. I saw grown men sleeping in vehicles to stay warm but not that kid.
This young man had a small propane heater with him... I will agree with you, i saw several people way under dressed for the cold night ...
These stories remind me of when my little sister and her friends camped out to buy backstage passes to Justin Bieber concert

Yoder409

If someone buys a vest............or a call...........or whatever........at the asking price and decides to flip it for whatever somebody (fool) is willing to pay for it.........that's America.   I'm a capitalist.  You GO, boy !!!!!

I just don't see the draw.  I, personally, have less than zero interest in ANY of the Mr. Fox madness.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 11, 2023, 10:46:02 PM
If someone buys a vest............or a call...........or whatever........at the asking price and decides to flip it for whatever somebody (fool) is willing to pay for it.........that's America.   I'm a capitalist.  You GO, boy !!!!!

I just don't see the draw.  I, personally, have less than zero interest in ANY of the Mr. Fox madness.
Amen. No one seemed to care that Dave Owens sold Jimmy's glass calls at 3x the retail price jimmy sells them at. It's only an issue when the common man does it!

Tom007

Shannon

Sorry to hear about your dad. I'm sure he was a fine man and great father.  God bless.......
"Solo hunter"

Neill_Prater

In the immortal words of, I believe, Honda, "Different strokes for different folks."

Not my thing. Last time I stood in line over 10 minutes was for tickets to ET back in 1982. That was worth it, not sure about for a turkey vest.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Neill_Prater on March 11, 2023, 11:10:15 PM
In the immortal words of, I believe, Honda, "Different strokes for different folks."

Not my thing. Last time I stood in line over 10 minutes was for tickets to ET back in 1982. That was worth it, not sure about for a turkey vest.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
You thought ET was worth it?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

History has a way of paving a road, just like what the Fox Vest stands for in symbolizing what is the true meaning of giving back for generations to come. All of this started back in 1944 with Mr Fox killing his first turkey with model 12. So with all the great history that the vest stands for and conservation. The prototype vest was referred to as the traveling vest, as it was used in Mississippi and ended in May in New England. During it's travels the vest was used by family and close friends. The vest ended its journey with Mr Fox 3 grandsons killing turkeys in New England using Mr Fox Winchester model 12. So this vest will now become a part of making your own hunting stories if you are fortunate to receive one of these to carry on a great legacy for years to come.  From Mr Fox : The Good That Men Do Will Live Long After Theyre Gone.     

So again everyone has opinions, but history and memories will live forever. I Feel Mr Fox's legacy and history is worth preserving alone with what was done years ago with the Dixon Vest.  So regardless history will stand the test of time. So if you have one of the Vest you have the opportunity to share in all of its history and create your own history and memories.

arkrem870

Tom007

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 12, 2023, 12:36:17 AM
History has a way of paving a road, just like what the Fox Vest stands for in symbolizing what is the true meaning of giving back for generations to come. All of this started back in 1944 with Mr Fox killing his first turkey with model 12. So with all the great history that the vest stands for and conservation. The prototype vest was referred to as the traveling vest, as it was used in Mississippi and ended in May in New England. During it's travels the vest was used by family and close friends. The vest ended its journey with Mr Fox 3 grandsons killing turkeys in New England using Mr Fox Winchester model 12. So this vest will now become a part of making your own hunting stories if you are fortunate to receive one of these to carry on a great legacy for years to come.  From Mr Fox : The Good That Men Do Will Live Long After Theyre Gone.     

So again everyone has opinions, but history and memories will live forever. I Feel Mr Fox's legacy and history is worth preserving alone with what was done years ago with the Dixon Vest.  So regardless history will stand the test of time. So if you have one of the Vest you have the opportunity to share in all of its history and create your own history and memories.

Well stated.....
"Solo hunter"