OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Mr Fox merchandise....

Started by Ole Satilla, March 11, 2023, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 11, 2023, 04:06:44 PM
Quote from: Ole Satilla on March 11, 2023, 01:53:14 PM
Im not faulting Mossy Oak nor the callmakers... I'm talking about the poor individuals standing in line all night to make a quick dollar.
What do you think mossy oak did? They made a quick dollar off the labor of some kind in Asia who made those vests. Kudos to the guys who went down there and will turn a profit reselling them to another mossy oak fan boy.
Tell me you don't live in the South without telling me you don't live in the South.

krm944

Are the vests sold out? I read some would be available online.

Notsoyoungturk

Quote from: Delmar ODonnell on March 11, 2023, 03:34:46 PM

Mossy Oak:
1) Leaves legacy to patriarch of family, a man of character, who lead conservation efforts to restore the wild turkey
2) Makes profit

Buyers of Vest:
1) Receives collectible vest
2) Receives quality vest to hunt
3) Happy to show appreciation to a company who represents their values
4) Could resell at substantial profit

Turkeys:
1) Conservation Efforts are funded with portion of proceeds.

Result: Capitalism. Both parties walk away satisfied, with a memorable experience of the camaraderie that took place during transaction

:agreed:

You should be able to log on to the website and buy vests on Monday.  My understanding is they have a few numbered vests but mostly unnumbered vests left.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Mossyguy

If I wore a vest enough to matter I would've considered buying one. But I only wear one a couple times a year so someone else should get it that would use it more than me.

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: Southernson13 on March 11, 2023, 04:55:15 PM
Im not faulting Mossy Oak nor the callmakers... I'm talking about the poor individuals standing in line all night to make a quick dollar.
What do you think mossy oak did? They made a quick dollar off the labor of some kind in Asia who made those vests. Kudos to the guys who went down there and will turn a profit reselling them to another mossy oak fan boy.
Tell me you don't live in the South without telling me you don't live in the South.
I'm southern as sweet tea and chess pie, sorry that I don't want to take out a 2nd mortgage on my double wide to buy their little vest

kytrkyhntr

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 11, 2023, 06:02:09 PM
Quote from: Southernson13 on March 11, 2023, 04:55:15 PM
I'm southern as sweet tea and chess pie, sorry that I don't want to take out a 2nd mortgage on my double wide to buy their little vest

If you spend as much time hunting as you do crying about this vest on every thread about it then I bet you're hard on them southern turkeys ????????
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

kytrkyhntr

Ain't seen one on this site for sale, guess real turkey hunters who wanted one have no reason to sell it. Some of y'all are so weird about stuff tho good grief. Such weird behavior out of all these ultimate southern old school turkey hero's of yester year.
don't let the truth get in the way of a good story

square

I understood the event was saturday. They evidently opened for business Friday nightsnd many vendors sold out of merchandise. Many of the vendors weren't there Saturday. Pretty disappointing unless you wanted a vest

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 11, 2023, 02:16:56 PM
I will share one other thing that happen at the Event ... Next to us was a high school freshman who had saved his money for one of the vests, an awesome young man, and we all took great care of him with food and blankets to stay warm etc... He was so proud of his new turkey hunting vest and in my opinion the look on his face was priceless as he received his vest...  A Young turkey hunter,  who listen to us tell stories and shared knowledge about turkey hunting.
Greg, I don't know where you were sitting but I went to get coffee this morning around 4 30 at the thrift shop.  I saw a kid about 12 year old absolutely shivering! I felt so bad for that kid! Very underdressed. I had already given my buddy heater to a young man that was a student at Mississippi state because he was under dressed. I saw grown men sleeping in vehicles to stay warm but not that kid.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Greg Massey

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on March 11, 2023, 06:54:29 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 11, 2023, 02:16:56 PM
I will share one other thing that happen at the Event ... Next to us was a high school freshman who had saved his money for one of the vests, an awesome young man, and we all took great care of him with food and blankets to stay warm etc... He was so proud of his new turkey hunting vest and in my opinion the look on his face was priceless as he received his vest...  A Young turkey hunter,  who listen to us tell stories and shared knowledge about turkey hunting.
Greg, I don't know where you were sitting but I went to get coffee this morning around 4 30 at the thrift shop.  I saw a kid about 12 year old absolutely shivering! I felt so bad for that kid! Very underdressed. I had already given my buddy heater to a young man that was a student at Mississippi state because he was under dressed. I saw grown men sleeping in vehicles to stay warm but not that kid.
This young man had a small propane heater with him... I will agree with you, i saw several people way under dressed for the cold night ...

Greg Massey

The lady in the Thrift Store was awesome and went out of her way to help everyone...  She let people stay in the store and lay on the floor to stay warm...  3 coffee pots going all the time ... lifesaver in my opinion... all you had to do was make a donation ... She let people use her bathroom ...

sasquatch1

Quote from: Ole Satilla on March 11, 2023, 03:10:07 PM
Once again...this post was never intended to knock Mossy Oak....they seem like genuine good ole boys. My problem is with the people that scooped up vest and calls and already have them on Ebay at outrageous prices...and idiots will pay it. Look at ebay...people have the post made and the items are in their truck seats. They posted them for sale as soon as they got to the truck. Probably had to borrow the money to buy the calls and vest in the first place.
Sooo they hurt you in what way? Got there before you?

I'm just jealous I wasn't smart enough to make a 100% plus profit off a vest. Congrats to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big Jeremy

I went today. Got there a little before 7:00. It was a great day! Got to buy a call, meet several OG members, hang out with a couple of people that I respect a lot, and enjoyed my time thoroughly. I would recommend anyone to go again next year, even if there's not a limited edition vest up for grabs. I didn't go for a vest...I went for the camaraderie, and it was well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old Gobbler

My Father ....passed in 1998 ...his buddies showed up to the funeral ..they were wearing full camo ...whole bunch of em ...they mentioned they kinda felt strange because everyone was wearing suits and ties I said "Sh*t ..he is  buried  in head to toe in MO Greenleaf .."  , if you knew the man you would understand, if you don't understand , you didnt really know Richard Kelly ... absolutely true story , I can provide names , with phone numbers and witnesses to that fact ...

kinda a inspiration for the boney patches ....there is a few people I have some profound stories about" turkey hunting is  my life " deals

Mr Fox ..I don't know him ...but then again ...I know him ...he is"us" ...turkey hunting is life ...if you don't understand..that's fine keep moving , if you understand...then you understand..I'm assuming with certainty that the Hass family understands fully well

Now I have original...mo bottom land garmets from the first year they came out in the 1980's...it's in MINT condition ... anyways the stuff is made well , and lasts ...I have a mo vest that's 15 years old ..got my money's worth out of it ..and it's still good

There is a lot of hype over the Mr Fox vest ..it nice , I'm sure it's made well and will last ...I'll wait for the excitement to pass then I'll take a look-see

Shannon

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 11, 2023, 07:21:07 PM
The lady in the Thrift Store was awesome and went out of her way to help everyone...  She let people stay in the store and lay on the floor to stay warm...  3 coffee pots going all the time ... lifesaver in my opinion... all you had to do was make a donation ... She let people use her bathroom ...
Yes the lady was super nice to everyone. I really hope the tips added up well for her.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny