only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mossy Oak Mr Fox merchandise....

Started by Ole Satilla, March 11, 2023, 01:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkrem870

The whole thing just has a weird feel to me.  To each their own

guesswho

I have never given a second thought to what a man does with his turkey vest, nor what another man does with his money.   
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

HookedonHooks

Quote from: guesswho on March 11, 2023, 02:26:10 PM
I have never given a second thought to what a man does with his turkey vest, nor what another man does with his money.   
:z-winnersmiley:

Matt76cmich

And people are complaining about a $300 American made vest that supports the future of turkey hunting........

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Notsoyoungturk

Four of us got vests. 2 @ NWTF and 2 in Westpoint.  None of us have any plans to sell our vests.  We went to get something we would enjoy and share the fellowship at the event with other hunters.  I also enjoyed meeting and talking turkey with some of the Mississippi call makers.  That said, there were some people there that were obviously buying for resale.  There is no way for Mossy Oak to police that behavior.   I can also tell you that I spoke with some of the Haas family at the event.  That's right.  They were at the event talking turkey with everyone else.  Not at home counting their money.   They are both humbled and overwhelmed at the response to this vest.  With all the negativity, my response is WHY.  Why do you feel the need to dump on someone else's good time.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

Greg Massey

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on March 11, 2023, 02:51:04 PM
Four of us got vests. 2 @ NWTF and 2 in Westpoint.  None of us have any plans to sell our vests.  We went to get something we would enjoy and share the fellowship at the event with other hunters.  I also enjoyed meeting and talking turkey with some of the Mississippi call makers.  That said, there were some people there that were obviously buying for resale.  There is no way for Mossy Oak to police that behavior.   I can also tell you that I spoke with some of the Haas family at the event.  That's right.  They were at the event talking turkey with everyone else.  Not at home counting their money.   They are both humbled and overwhelmed at the response to this vest.  With all the negativity, my response is WHY.  Why do you feel the need to dump on someone else's good time.
X2 Great Post ...

deerhunt1988

Quote from: Matt76cmich on March 11, 2023, 02:50:21 PM
And people are complaining about a $300 American made vest that supports the future of turkey hunting........

Which vest is American made? I think I saw the Tethr'd one is but it doesn't support the future of turkey hunting.

Southernson13

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on March 11, 2023, 02:51:04 PM

Because it's easier to be a keyboard warrior and talk crap when they didn't get to enjoy a great event. They don't appreciate being able to talk to people like Hunter Farrior, Toxey, Daniel, Neil, little fox... Not to mention the hundreds of other like minded individuals who don't have a platform till the wee hours of the morning. They don't care about talking all night with Mr. Brice from foxtrot unpacking a decade worth of wisdom and science behind turkey loads, patterns, and concepts. I used to go to that same event every year long before it was to release a limited edition vest for those exact experiences.

Ole Satilla

Once again...this post was never intended to knock Mossy Oak....they seem like genuine good ole boys. My problem is with the people that scooped up vest and calls and already have them on Ebay at outrageous prices...and idiots will pay it. Look at ebay...people have the post made and the items are in their truck seats. They posted them for sale as soon as they got to the truck. Probably had to borrow the money to buy the calls and vest in the first place.

Matt76cmich

Quote from: deerhunt1988 on March 11, 2023, 02:57:30 PM

Which vest is American made? I think I saw the Tethr'd one is but it doesn't support the future of turkey hunting.
On The Hunting Public's site it says that $30 of the purchase goes to the Mossy Oak Turkey stamp and Turkey Habitat improvements ($15/$15).  It didn't mention it on the Tetherd site, but it's supposed to be the same. I bought mine through THP.

https://www.thehuntingpublic.com/products/m2-vest-kit

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I was there and I can tell you that the Mossy Oak folks did a fine job with this event. I have new respect for those guys and gals. From Bill Suggs working his tail off to too the cashiers. I spent 2 nights there and every employee were very cordial. I had a blast and met and made new friends. I did get a vest and no intention of selling it. There were quite a few people who knew nothing of hunting or if Fox Haas was dead or alive. They openly said they were going to sell the vest. That is none of my business whether I agree with it or not.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Delmar ODonnell

Quote from: TurkeyReaper69 on March 11, 2023, 01:42:19 PM
Quote from: Ole Satilla on March 11, 2023, 01:04:35 PM
I really have mixed feeling about what is happening with this stuff. I sincerely hope everyone that is doing this will never kill another gobbler.
And I sincerely hope the Haas family never kills a gobbler again. Exploiting the resource to pedal their cheap crap at insane prices to these folks willing to pay an arm and a leg for it.

Mossy Oak:
1) Leaves legacy to patriarch of family, a man of character, who lead conservation efforts to restore the wild turkey
2) Makes profit

Buyers of Vest:
1) Receives collectible vest
2) Receives quality vest to hunt
3) Happy to show appreciation to a company who represents their values
4) Could resell at substantial profit

Turkeys:
1) Conservation Efforts are funded with portion of proceeds.

Result: Capitalism. Both parties walk away satisfied, with a memorable experience of the camaraderie that took place during transaction

Please explain how the Fox vest exploits turkeys in any way. Give first-hand examples of how the Fox vest is cheap crap. I pity you for your baseless vindictiveness and attempts to shift your own negativity to others.

deerhunt1988

Quote from: Matt76cmich on March 11, 2023, 03:12:56 PM
Quote from: deerhunt1988 on March 11, 2023, 02:57:30 PM

On The Hunting Public's site it says that $30 of the purchase goes to the Mossy Oak Turkey stamp and Turkey Habitat improvements ($15/$15).  It didn't mention it on the Tetherd site, but it's supposed to be the same. I bought mine through THP.

https://www.thehuntingpublic.com/products/m2-vest-kit

Gotcha. I stand corrected. Thanks for sharing.

TurkeyReaper69

Quote from: Ole Satilla on March 11, 2023, 01:53:14 PM
Im not faulting Mossy Oak nor the callmakers... I'm talking about the poor individuals standing in line all night to make a quick dollar.
What do you think mossy oak did? They made a quick dollar off the labor of some kind in Asia who made those vests. Kudos to the guys who went down there and will turn a profit reselling them to another mossy oak fan boy.

mozart_hunter

Sat in line for 17 hours met new Turkey hunters and even though it was cold I had a great time. Never intend to sell my vest.