turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Copper pot experience

Started by Southernson13, March 09, 2023, 07:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernson13

I made a post in the pot call forum. If anyone has some knowledge of fine pot call makers I would greatly appreciate it.

Big Jeremy

Others make good ones, but nobody makes a better one than Mike Yingling. I don't know of a single person that got one and regretted it. They'll hunt for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cottonmouth

What kind of sound are you looking for? There are several out there.

Notsoyoungturk

I have a copper by Mike Yingling and Wendell Rye.  Both are excellent pots and super nice guys.  I can use a cedar striker and get really soft or use Ipe, Bloodwood or Carbon Fiber to get more aggressive.  I just got my Yingling pot so I have not had a chance to hunt with it but I love the pot and he was a pleasure to work with.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

quavers59

I have the Ron Clough- Viper/ Copper over Glass Pot. I use a Hickory Corncob Striker  with it.

G-dub

guesswho

I have an old one from Larry Gresser.   Sweet sounding call.  I'm not sure if he's still making calls or not.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

btodd00

yingling copper pot is one of best sounding calls ive had of any surface/brand

Andy S.

Quote from: guesswho on March 10, 2023, 09:24:04 AM
I have an old one from Larry Gresser.   Sweet sounding call.  I'm not sure if he's still making calls or not.
Same here.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

crow

Greg Massey  made a good copper pot, until the Gmen found out

BMAC_Turkeys

I think a lot depends on matching it with a good striker.
I think red beard makes a decent one, Spring allure is a good one as well.  However I have seen putting the wrong striker on one sounds like a cat screeching.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Notsoyoungturk on March 09, 2023, 10:58:05 PM
I have a copper by Mike Yingling and Wendell Rye.  Both are excellent pots and super nice guys.  I can use a cedar striker and get really soft or use Ipe, Bloodwood or Carbon Fiber to get more aggressive.  I just got my Yingling pot so I have not had a chance to hunt with it but I love the pot and he was a pleasure to work with.

I have that same exact pot. It is a good one. The yelp that I get with the carbon fiber is just - really good! And I love the ability to flip it over and get real soft if need be.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

gjs4

Quote from: Big Jeremy on March 09, 2023, 09:31:39 PM
Others make good ones, but nobody makes a better one than Mike Yingling. I don't know of a single person that got one and regretted it. They'll hunt for sure.

Have one w corian. It's a sweet mellow tone nothing like aluminum

mudhen

:santaclaus:Yingling & Light's Out, key is the right striker for that pot...
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Harty

I like copper calls and have a handful of them. Whenever Im reaching to put one in the satchel it usually ends up being a YINGLING.