turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

This is the truth I am here to say I'm the one that showed that A

Started by Sir-diealot, March 09, 2023, 10:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

From before Covid when I had dropped a bunch of weight.

Loosing over 130 lbs. has been great, being in the frozen food section today and reaching for the broccoli and cheese and having my pants fall to my ankles with a bunch of women around this afternoon was not so great. Only thing I could think to say was "Well, at least I started wearing underwear this week."
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

aclawrence

I'm a little confused by your post on what it means but congrats on the weight loss. 130lbs is awesome. I think I remember you have some knee problems. I know dropping that much weight will definitely help you out with your health issues. I need to work on my health myself. As in my cholesterol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GobbleNut

I have always heard that trolling in the supermarket was a good way to pick up women.  Sounds like you just took it to the next level,...assuming you had the properly-sized bait...    ;D :angel9: :toothy9: 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: aclawrence on March 09, 2023, 10:35:57 AM
I'm a little confused by your post on what it means but congrats on the weight loss. 130lbs is awesome. I think I remember you have some knee problems. I know dropping that much weight will definitely help you out with your health issues. I need to work on my health myself. As in my cholesterol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A would be my derriere. :D Hope that helps.

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 09, 2023, 10:37:17 AM
I have always heard that trolling in the supermarket was a good way to pick up women.  Sounds like you just took it to the next level,...assuming you had the properly-sized bait...    ;D :angel9: :toothy9: 
Alas no, I'm half Irish.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

TrackeySauresRex

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

My apologies for laughing Sir! But congrats on the weight loss. Stay healthy and enjoy the upcoming season.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Spitten and drummen

Did they start cutting and yelping or did they give a alarm putt and run?
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Zobo

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Sir-diealot

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 09, 2023, 11:12:30 AM
:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

My apologies for laughing Sir! But congrats on the weight loss. Stay healthy and enjoy the upcoming season.
This was before covid when I was able to get meat and do my diet, after covid hit and I couldn't get meats and I gained quite a bit of weight back but I've lost 60 lb in the past several months so getting back down again. Thank you very much.

Sent from my moto g pure using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Zobo on March 09, 2023, 11:33:17 AM
Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 09, 2023, 11:23:43 AM
Did they start cutting and yelping or did they give a alarm putt and run?

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
Well the Mennonite woman that was there sure was laughing I'll tell you that much. I guess that would be more of a cackle.

John Koenig:

Brillo

That "store(y)" is way too funny to be fiction.  It might be time to try a smaller belt or some suspenders.   :lol:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Brillo on March 09, 2023, 01:01:15 PM
That "store(y)" is way too funny to be fiction.  It might be time to try a smaller belt or some suspenders.   
Totally true. I decided to give up belts a few months ago because they were causing me so much back pain. I am  trying to get used to suspenders but they give me shoulder pain and back pain at times in a different spot. I have found that I have to use the ones without leather where they cross because they hit me right where I have arthritis and scoliosis between the shoulder blades, the ones with elastic at the cross aren't quite so bad.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Nothing better than shopping at the frozen food section ... BUT A LITTLE TO MUCH TMI ... LOL.... congrats on the weight loss... Little tip ... i started wearing suspenders some of the time... LOL...

Tom007

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 09, 2023, 10:24:51 AM
From before Covid when I had dropped a bunch of weight.

Loosing over 130 lbs. has been great, being in the frozen food section today and reaching for the broccoli and cheese and having my pants fall to my ankles with a bunch of women around this afternoon was not so great. Only thing I could think to say was "Well, at least I started wearing underwear this week."

You know, I saw this on the news. 12 Cart pile-up in the Frozen Food Isle at a NY grocery store. Congrats buddy!
"Solo hunter"

Turkeybutt

Might not want to show your face at the supermarket anytime soon Steve. They'll post flyers with your image with your pants down.
"ALERT" Be on the look out for this elderly gentlemen. Beard, graying hair, no belt or suspenders. Been know to peruse the frozen food isle as well as the produce isle.
Do not approach or engage him! Contact Management ASAP!

Congrats on the weight lost.

Tail Feathers

:TooFunny:  At least you had on some underwear!  Life occasionally deals us some embarrassing moments, laugh at them and retell the story when you can. 

My wife had a similar thing happen to her.  Our daughter was being baptized, we were standing in from of a church full of people.  She had lost a lot of weight and as we stood up front with the preacher talking, her slip just dropped to the floor.   :TooFunny:  Our older daughter saw it, and kicked it mostly out of sight.  I doubt 20 people saw it, but she was mortified.  We still laugh about that one.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!