OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

turkey vest

Started by tlewis81, March 08, 2023, 09:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlewis81

what do you guys for a vest....ive ran multiple over the years for awhile just used a fanny pack...use a alpz grand slam now....kinda like the m2 just came out i never use a lot of calls...im partial to my diaprahms and a couple pots

Archivist13

I ran an old Cabela's vest from the early 90's until last year. Finally retired it and got the Sitka Equinox Vest. I really like it. Didn't mind spending the money being I tend to use something I like for what seems like forever.

btomlin

I'm rolling with the Grounded Impact 2.0 this year.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bedge7767

Super Elite 2. Had it probably 25 years.
Jim

Tandin93

Quote from: btomlin on March 08, 2023, 10:04:02 PM
I'm rolling with the Grounded Impact 2.0 this year.   

I ordered one of these this week. How do you like it so far?

roosterstraw

I bought the grounded 2.0. First vest ive bought in about 7 years.

Tom007

Giving Sitka a whirl....
"Solo hunter"

Dazzler

Is the M2 the Knight and hale RNG clone?

bbcoach

Looks like a minimalist vest with plenty of padding but I personally wouldn't pay $300 for that vest.   

Tyoung

I've been extremely pleased with the Ol Tom Gunslinger.....????????

mountainhunter1

Quote from: tlewis81 on March 08, 2023, 09:29:08 PM
what do you guys for a vest....ive ran multiple over the years for awhile just used a fanny pack...use a alpz grand slam now....kinda like the m2 just came out i never use a lot of calls...im partial to my diaprahms and a couple pots

If you are basically just running several diaphragms and a couple of pots, you could really cut weight and cost and just go with a chest pack. The Glenda Green satchel is a touch bigger and is also a great option.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

BDeal

Grounded 2.0. I may buy a turkey chest pack as well for run and gun.

fmf

Quote from: Tom007 on March 09, 2023, 06:32:56 AM
Giving Sitka a whirl....

Same here.  I bought $1300 worth of turkey vests hoping to find one to replace my tactical tat'r and I threw the sitka vest in there thinking I'd hate it.  It turns out, I hated every other vest for one reason or another and really like the sitka.  The one that I just "knew" I'd be sending back is the only one I kept, go figure.

Dazzler

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on March 09, 2023, 08:37:44 AM

If you are basically just running several diaphragms and a couple of pots, you could really cut weight and cost and just go with a chest pack. The Glenda Green satchel is a touch bigger and is also a great option.
I have a Glenda green satchel, but mostly I'll be using an FHF chest rig in either chest configuration or cross shoulder sling style. It will carry two pots, several stickers and other goodies if needed. Two trumpets and that FHF bag carries plenty of turkey.

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Dazzler on March 09, 2023, 11:06:50 AM
Quote from: mountainhunter1 on March 09, 2023, 08:37:44 AM

I have a Glenda green satchel, but mostly I'll be using an FHF chest rig in either chest configuration or cross shoulder sling style. It will carry two pots, several stickers and other goodies if needed. Two trumpets and that FHF bag carries plenty of turkey.

You are well armed with those calls and I like the FHF chest rig as well (Most folks carry way too many calls to the woods). Buddy of mine got one of those FHF rigs. What do you sit on when you run either that or the Green Satchel?

I have the inter tube seat from Mrs. Glenda, but still have not nailed the best way to tote that when hunting with my satchel. Presently, I just use a carabiner and attach it to my belt/belt loop on the back of my pants with enough slack in it that it sits about right when I sit down. I am thinking about attaching a longer piece of 550 with that carabiner so that it can be doubled through the carabiner and shortened when on the move, and then let back out when sitting for a lot more adjustment. But her seat itself is as good as I have ran across for comfort.

But I am all ears to hear what others are using to sit on and even more so how they are carrying it while on the move when using a satchel or the very minimal chest rig.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13