turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The next big price increase for us.

Started by allaboutshooting, February 13, 2011, 11:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allaboutshooting

From what I've learned recently, we're all going to see a big price increase in any type of hunting clothing. The world wide demand for fabrics has really escalated. Demand has exceeded supply and that always means price increases. It's not just limited to hunting clothing of course but we'll feel it first since it's such a specialized niche.

Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

turkey slayer

good because I always felt like I need to pay more for my hunting clothes :character0029:

knightrider

Kylongspur88

Glad I wear BDU's or what evers on the sale rack.

ground control

hope it don't last too long or i'll be huntin in my birthday suit. they're already tryin to milk the bull.  :z-guntootsmiley:
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

Basser69

mason0366

About Right everything goes up besides wages!

ground control

not gettin kissed?!?! heck i'm not even gettin a phone number!!
"Ground Control to Major Tom: Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong. Can you hear me Major Tom?"

neal

Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

nctrkyhntr

TnHunter

I have plenty of hunting clothes to last until the price goes back down and if not I guess I'll be hunting in my birthday suit also. :TooFunny:
Life is good today

stinkpickle

ctwny1

Lets look at the facts. FACT- look where your hunting clothes are made? Look where regular cloths are made? It's not here in the USA. So does mean companies are paying more wages in China, India, Malaysia?? I don't think so. Clothing manufactures are just increasing their bottom line as is the middleman in my humble opinion. As soon as they get the prices up to where they want it or market will bare...they will have as much cotton as you want. Watch....

shootumindaface

Quote from: ctwny1 on February 14, 2011, 10:08:32 AM
Lets look at the facts. FACT- look where your hunting clothes are made? Look where regular cloths are made? It's not here in the USA. So does mean companies are paying more wages in China, India, Malaysia?? I don't think so. Clothing manufactures are just increasing their bottom line as is the middleman in my humble opinion. As soon as they get the prices up to where they want it or market will bare...they will have as much cotton as you want. Watch....
Cottons through the roof..

But I do agree with you as well.. Have you ever saw the margins for a store like Abercrombie

maustypsu

Quote from: ctwny1 on February 14, 2011, 10:08:32 AM

The labor in China will actually cost more this year as will the shipping.  But the biggest part of the cost increase is the cotton.  It is real, nobody in the US is making money off of it.  As the citizens of china begin to earn more, their demand for all commodities are going up.  It is at a rate that isn't sustainable with our current worldwide output.  The fact that farmers can't get loans as easily due to the recent financial collapse means that they can't expand so America will miss out even more on this growth.

The good news is that means jobs should be coming home as costs for producing in China rise.
The bad news is that we'll be paying more for everything we buy from food to TV's.  And these new jobs (or our existing jobs) won't be paying any more per hour or year.