turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The next big price increase for us.

Started by allaboutshooting, February 13, 2011, 11:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shad309

time to buy more spray paint & make my own camo out of old work clothes. for a cheap @$$ like me, it's the way to go!!!  ;D

WyoHunter

I've got more camo than I'll ever use. I'm wondering about another price increase on ammo though. Come to think of it I don't need any ammo either  :cowboy:!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

savduck

Im thinking not so much supply and demand, but rather lack of sales due to the economy, so the big corporations that pay share holders want to make 35% profit on what they do sell instead of 10%. If they cant make the profit by quantity they get it by raising prices and claiming global demand.
Georgia Boy

R AJ

Quote from: Double28 on February 14, 2011, 01:00:28 AM
I guess the cotton price has doubled in the last year.

Actually last year th ebook price wa saround .63 per pound. This week it went to $1.83 per pound but they were only able to book at around $1.26-$1.31 so the price for the raw material has tripled and the manufacturers want an increase.

I wore patched up cammo for years an dmay be doing it again. The animals aren't into fashion that much.

maustypsu

Quote from: savduck on February 15, 2011, 12:52:21 AM
Im thinking not so much supply and demand, but rather lack of sales due to the economy, so the big corporations that pay share holders want to make 35% profit on what they do sell instead of 10%. If they cant make the profit by quantity they get it by raising prices and claiming global demand.

Lack of sales = lower demand.  So in a way you are talking supply and demand.  But lower sales (demand) makes price go down.  The average retailer only dropped 5ish% last year and will pick up 2% this year.  It would take less than 1% in margin to make up the difference on the bottom line.

However, this isn't even the issue.  It is NOT a bad economy for clothing in the world and this isn't just about the US.  The demand in the world is up because of demand in China and India for cotton.  This more than makes up for our small dip in spending on cotton in the US and Europe.  Our recession wasn't as deep in cotton as it was in TV's, game systems, nice cars, etc.  The increased demand worldwide for cotton has driven the price for the main material input in the process of making camo clothes.  Therefore, we'll pay more for the output of the process without anyone making more money. 

Classical economic theory suggests we will pay some and they will make less.  Cost increases of this kind are split between producer and consumer.  To make up the profit they are more likely to layoff even more people because they won't make the same number of units at the higher price.  So when price goes up, profit goes down until they adjust the work force and decrease jobs to get back to their profit level.  So higher prices and fewer jobs, good scenario, heh???

yellowacorns

That may start a fashion trend to "FULL body camo paint" lol   :z-guntootsmiley:

customgunsocks

I fight with the textile mills on a weekly basis so I can keep my prices down, it does go up all the time. Your big box stores are buying their goods and fabric from China, mostly is the cordura these days,and the price has not gone up that much on that 400,600-800, ect cordura.but the stores says its going up so they can charge you more, those are your friends at Wally world and Caboolas doing that!!