OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Russell Moccasin Question

Started by kytrkyhntr, March 06, 2023, 09:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wchadw

Quote from: Jstocks on March 08, 2023, 06:09:20 AM
I think their quality took a beating during Covid. I did a lot of research before buying a pair of zip up turkey hunters, actually my wife bought them for me for my 40th birthday. This was late 2020, and it took 6 months to get them. They literally came in just days before a trip and they lasted less than a week in the woods before the zippers broke. I sent them back for repair, and after months of no word, I finally got someone on the phone who told me they had 1 employee who worked on zippers, the man had an accident, and would not be back to work until the Fall of that year. I offered to exchange them for a pair of South 40's, and they gave me my money back instead.

It's a shame, cause the boots were comfortable. I think I was just late to the game. Now they are under new ownership, and like said above, it would be hard for me to pay that much for a boot I've experienced issues with.
I think you are right. The turkey hunters I got a year before Covid and fit like a glove. Super comfortable
The pair I got in 2020 that were everyday slip on boots I sent back 4/5 times. I finally gave up. They are still too big. They did offer my $ back but I kept them and wear them with thick socks in the winter
They were about half the price they are now. Don't think I'd pay $1100 for a pair
Hate to hear repairs are farmed out. I bought the original boots thinking I could wear them for decades and get them resoled and repaired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk