turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Old Primos Video 1986 / Truth

Started by Greg Massey, March 04, 2023, 10:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Massey

Was the first 1986 - Spring Turkey Hunting with Primos VHS Tape - ever converted to DVD?  For those of you who have the Collection, how many videos were made of the turkey hunting videos?    VHS / DVD ... Did they ever combine all the turkey hunting / Truth video tapes into one or more DVD?  If anyone has the complete collection share it with all of us... History / Details ... etc.... thanks ... Why are a few of them the most collectible/Valuable

FLGobstopper

No, it was only available on VHS. I have a The Truth Turkey best of 20yrs or something like that DVD that has some of the earlier hunts on it but not maybe just one or 2 from each season. Obviously they must have the old footage stored on a file somewhere and you would think they would take the old footage and do something like that. Those old videos up until about The Truth 16 or something like that were pretty fun to watch before they got into strutting, fanning and ground blind hunting along with what sometimes seemed like scripted pranks and stuff. I think of all the old gen guys I'd like to turkey hunt with Will Primos would probably be up near the top.

I have a pretty good collection of the early years missing I think year 3 and then everything else up until year 24 or 25. My DVD's start around The Truth 13 I think and I haven't converted any of the old VHS to DVD. I need to though so I can go back and watch all those old hunts. It was just different back then and that's right around the time I got started.

Howieg

The lil fat kid on the lst primos video killing his lst gobbler is one of my closest buddy's .
  Fun fact = he has taken many gobblers and is a very accomplished bow hunter nowadays.

Cowboy

I think I have most all of them. Deer, turkey, and even elk. I believe he's right about being Truth 13 on to the DVD. Sounds right.    Truth 12 was VHS.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

3bailey3

The best of 20 years is very good one.

MK M GOBL

I have every one of the "Truth" series About Spring Turkey Hunting, bought them as a spring ritual, also have a few different Primos turkey videos on learning a mouth call and when they bought out double bull blinds. Year 20 had 2 out that year. Always seemed odd they quit doing the videos after 28 years, would think they would have ran it till number 30.

I still am on looking for this unicorn, seen it once before and never found another... it is Model Number 403, made me wonder what 400, 401 and 402 are.

MK M GOBL

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 04, 2023, 10:33:01 AM
Was the first 1986 - Spring Turkey Hunting with Primos VHS Tape - ever converted to DVD?  For those of you who have the Collection, how many videos were made of the turkey hunting videos?    VHS / DVD ... Did they ever combine all the turkey hunting / Truth video tapes into one or more DVD?  If anyone has the complete collection share it with all of us... History / Details ... etc.... thanks ... Why are a few of them the most collectible/Valuable

Hey Greg,

At one-point Primos sold the entire collection on DVD as a set (only way to buy it), I was tempted to buy it but already owned them all in VHS/DVD. Wish I would have, too bad they don't have them as a "Digital Set" now.

MK M GOBL

Greg Massey

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 05, 2023, 02:27:05 AM
Quote from: Greg Massey on March 04, 2023, 10:33:01 AM

Hey Greg,

At one-point Primos sold the entire collection on DVD as a set (only way to buy it), I was tempted to buy it but already owned them all in VHS/DVD. Wish I would have, too bad they don't have them as a "Digital Set" now.

MK M GOBL
Yes i agree, and i was thinking you had a great collection of these videos .. congrats on your collection

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

I have the whole collection. From what I have the truth #12 is the first on vhs and dvd. 13 and 14 are vhs and dvd also.
They call him...Kenny..Kenny

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on March 05, 2023, 05:48:13 PM
I have the whole collection. From what I have the truth #12 is the first on vhs and dvd. 13 and 14 are vhs and dvd also.

I missed buying 12 buy one day on Amazon, only one they had. I Was so disgusted, did not get paid til the day after it sold though. Very hard one to find.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Shiloh

A few years ago you could buy everything they had ever put out in dvd and I bet you still can.  Call their corporate headquarters and ask. 

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Shiloh on March 07, 2023, 06:26:09 AM
A few years ago you could buy everything they had ever put out in dvd and I bet you still can.  Call their corporate headquarters and ask.
I have, it is a not go.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MK M GOBL on March 05, 2023, 02:23:29 AM
I have every one of the "Truth" series About Spring Turkey Hunting, bought them as a spring ritual, also have a few different Primos turkey videos on learning a mouth call and when they bought out double bull blinds. Year 20 had 2 out that year. Always seemed odd they quit doing the videos after 28 years, would think they would have ran it till number 30.

I still am on looking for this unicorn, seen it once before and never found another... it is Model Number 403, made me wonder what 400, 401 and 402 are.

MK M GOBL
Thanks, now I know I only need 12, 26, 27 & 28 to finish the series on DVD

John Koenig:

Roost 1

Gooserbat

I saw Will at the World's a few years ago and ask him why they don't offer them digitally and he said they just haven't gotten around to it.  Said they get requested all the time.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.