OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The other ugly side of social media

Started by 2flyfish4, March 03, 2023, 09:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2flyfish4

Figured I'd start a thread on what I consider to be the other ugly side of social media.

And that is all the "ugly" killing people like to post. The standing on a flopping gobblers head right after the shot, the graphic up close kill shots of bow hunters decapitation a turkey with a broad head, the shooting of a coon or coyote caught in a trap, watched one today of a little kid running across a field after a wounded swan.... SMH

There's alot more that we have all seen over the years. I get this is the reality of hunting, and predator control and everything we do. But dang it just looks bad and even as a hunter I dont want or need to see it.

Some people, primarily the ones looking for attention or trying to make money off social media complain that they are being shadow banned? Shadowing banning is basically a process the social media sites use to limited exposure to post they find not in their approval, ie guns and or hunting. The poster post but if it has to do with guns or hunting it only shows up in very limited feeds so hardly anyone sees them and the original poster gets very few views or likes.

Some of these posters get mad about it, personally I kinda think its the right thing to do. No reason to be posting some of the crap they post and it just looks bad on the hunting community.

GobbleNut

One hundred percent in agreement.  I cringe every time I see some of the stuff you are referring to.  Some people just don't "get it" that we hunters walk a fine line in terms of what that non-hunting public is willing to accept in what we do and how we act.  Every time I see one of those videos, I can't help but think,..."well, you just made a bunch more folks turn against hunters,....good job, you *!%#!*#!"

turkey stew

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 04, 2023, 09:52:03 AM
One hundred percent in agreement.  I cringe every time I see some of the stuff you are referring to.  Some people just don't "get it" that we hunters walk a fine line in terms of what that non-hunting public is willing to accept in what we do and how we act.  Every time I see one of those videos, I can't help but think,..."well, you just made a bunch more folks turn against hunters,....good job, you *!%#!*#!"
Yes these so called hunters add fuel to the antihunting and antigun agenda. They love seeing us selfdestruct!

Cowboy

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 04, 2023, 09:52:03 AM
Yes. Agreed.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

Brillo

If the scenes and activity you are describing are disgusting even to those of us who love to hunt, I can't imagine the impact on the anti hunters and even the neutral.  A good example of shooting yourself in the foot except that is our foot too.

bbcoach

No different than this   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_tFBt6maOc   Everybody has an opinion.  And most of the time, we as hunters take the heat because a few Rotten Apples will Spoil the Whole Bushel!

TauntoHawk

Quote from: bbcoach on March 04, 2023, 10:42:24 AM
No different than this   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_tFBt6maOc   Everybody has an opinion.  And most of the time, we as hunters take the heat because a few Rotten Apples will Spoil the Whole Bushel!
That was my first thought, there's no place for taking shots you expect to wound an animal and then woop and holler in disbelief when you actually pull it off.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mallard1897

Have respect for the game you chase, hunting ethics or not. If you come away with your harvest but with a sour feeling in your gut you know you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Mallard1897 on March 04, 2023, 12:53:20 PM
Have respect for the game you chase, hunting ethics or not. If you come away with your harvest but with a sour feeling in your gut you know you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Well said.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

Turkeybutt

Quote from: Mallard1897 on March 04, 2023, 12:53:20 PM
So True!

PV266

Boy isn't this the truth...I've been hunting 60 years and recently saw online a gobbler get its head taken off with an arrow.  It was very disturbing.  I've shot a ton of turkeys in my day with a bow, but never took a head shot and glad I never did.

Quote from: Brillo on March 04, 2023, 10:24:10 AM
If the scenes and activity you are describing are disgusting even to those of us who love to hunt, I can't imagine the impact on the anti hunters and even the neutral.  A good example of shooting yourself in the foot except that is our foot too.

Bedge7767

Jim

fallhnt

Just let the libs cancel you out then.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

bbcoach

Quote from: fallhnt on March 05, 2023, 09:09:12 AM
Just let the libs cancel you out then.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I'm definitely not allowing a Liberal cancel me out but we as hunters are too stupid some times to realize we are Fueling the Fires.

Spitten and drummen

And I love it when they say " It was a 60 yard shot but it's the only one I had". It's like don't let the bird walk and then reposition or come back later. I hate "I had to take the shot" garbage.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE