turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The wild within

Started by Limbstrutter, February 13, 2011, 10:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Limbstrutter

Any of you seen this show on the travel channel? He travels to places to go back in time about hunting and trapping from the times of early settlers. Awesome show.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

mason0366

I will have to check it out.

yukonhunter

www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com      GIANT Alaskan Malamutes
http://www.harvestmoonmalamutes.com

PANYHunter

Yeah that show is good.  I've seen a few of them but i really liked the one where they followed the Lewis and Clark trail and he made a boat out of a buffalo hide.  Neat stuff

Limbstrutter

Quote from: PANYHunter on February 14, 2011, 07:49:05 AM
Yeah that show is good.  I've seen a few of them but i really liked the one where they followed the Lewis and Clark trail and he made a boat out of a buffalo hide.  Neat stuff
That was a good one . Good thing they found that goat ! Because they would have starve .It was really funny how quickly
the other two gave up and started fishing.
SuperX3 12Ga
SuperX3 20Ga
Mission MXB 320
Parker Tornado F4

Spellnj3

Good show, I watched it a few times!!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Hoosierhunter

One of the better shows on right now

Fox Fire

Not to be a hater but i dont care for it, The episode wher he shoots the buffalo then makes the boat from the hide...he cant use the boat, so in effect he shot the buffalo for nothing.  He try's to hull out a conoe from  cotton wood, after all the work the conoe aint useable iether, so finally they strap the cotton wood conoe to a store bought one and fumble ther way down the river.
  Another episode the dogs hold the wild pig at bay while studly wades into the water then stabs the pig, and talks about how good the meat will be, all my life I've heard if your gonna butcher a hog you dont make it mad before hand because it taints the meat.

I think its a bunch of city boy hero wilderness junk, just TV garbage.

FttFttVroom!

I've eaten several hogs that were plenty angry before they met their end.  They all tasted great!