OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Somebody please

Started by Howieg, March 01, 2023, 06:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Howieg on March 03, 2023, 07:51:55 AM
Well , I would need a bigger tail fan to cover myself .
    And I never lie about turkeys either :)

It's not your belly we are worried about seeing.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Sanders153

To be fair, I bet that fella had no competition in working that gobbler. If I walked up on a guy in his birthday suit calling a longbeard, I'd let him have the whole woods lol

Howieg

:drool:
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 05, 2023, 12:40:25 PM
Quote from: Howieg on March 03, 2023, 07:51:55 AM
Well , I would need a bigger tail fan to cover myself .
    And I never lie about turkeys either :)

It's not your belly we are worried about seeing.
:drool: :drool:

WV Flopper

I give respect to that Turkey Hunter! He killed a nice gobbler without any flage.

We have discussed the best flage for years. I buy new flage every year just to keep rotating.

This guy is getting it done with None! This is impressive!

I respect that, maybe I give it a try this year myself, my ego is large, no quite as large as my gut but I think I can!

captpete

Everybody makes this turkey hunting thing to hard and way to expensive. All you you need is a set of old bed springs and some corn. Lay the bed spring out where you see turkeys and spread some corn in the springs. The turkeys come to eat the corn and get caught in the springs. Then you walk up and smack them in the head with a ball bat. No need for a shotgun, expensive TSS, camo cloths, fancy custom calls, vest, extra thick butt pads/turkey chairs, decoys or anything of those other things you waste your money on just to kill a turkey. Heck, there's a good chance you can kill 2 or 3 at one time and fill all your tags at once saving you gas money.

Paulmyr

Quote from: WV Flopper on March 05, 2023, 07:38:32 PM
  I give respect to that Turkey Hunter! He killed a nice gobbler without any flage.

We have discussed the best flage for years. I buy new flage every year just to keep rotating.

I respect that, maybe I give it a try this year myself, my ego is large, no quite as large as my gut but I think I can!

See guys that's how affective a HECS suit is. You can't even see it.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

captpete

Quote from: Paulmyr on March 05, 2023, 09:14:32 PM
Quote from: WV Flopper on March 05, 2023, 07:38:32 PM

See guys that's how affective a HECS suit is. You can't even see it.

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

aclawrence

I think a real turkey hunter is someone who sits down to a gobbling turkey, takes a quick scan of their surrounds, gathers up some natural materials and makes a call with them. Then they yelp one time and kill the bird with an Atlatl at 8-10 steps.  The kill must also be immediately followed by whooping, hollering, and chest beating. Next you must film yourself calling and talking to a friend telling him you got the gobbler on your hitlist. Finally and most importantly take pictures and share and post on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and all other social media platforms. Make sure to include the location details in the story and any info about other gobbling birds in the area so your buddies can come in there and get one to. Also decoys and reaping suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aclawrence

Quote from: fallhnt on March 05, 2023, 09:12:49 AM
Biden 2024

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Just get a 12 ga and fire two shots is what Biden would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the Ward

This whole thread has been comic gold! :TooFunny:

Super Fox

While this is an older thread commenting on the HECS system suits, I do have a comment.
While I have a current hearing issue, the HECS suit helped to get me closer than planned to a
really ancient gobbler I have known for a couple of years. He NEVER responds to calls, and is paired with a permanent hen.

Two weeks ago I got closer to him early, and could see him within 40 yards in his oak tree gobbling/ half-strutting  at sunup.
I am pretty convinced HECS helped.  This turkey is still in the woods as I didn't dry gulch him...

Gooserbat

I think there should be a "safe turkey reaping" segment added to the hunters safety course.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

King Cobra

Quote from: Paulmyr on March 03, 2023, 01:30:01 AM
Now, is he a "turkey Killer" or " Turkey Hunter"?
Simply put turkey killers do not use blinds or decoys...
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

Howie g

Since I started this ,  let me add this ,
   Decoys still suck ...

WV Flopper

One more dead Eagle from Lead poisoning and Lead is outlawed!