turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Special Shout out to Mike Yingling

Started by Palmetto Pirate, February 26, 2023, 09:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palmetto Pirate

My 8 year old Grandson took his first turkey today during the Florida youth hunt weekend. It was a nice 8 3/4 inch Osceola. I was using Mike's Purple Slate on black cherry pot. After the hint I dated the call and gave it to my Grandson he was ecstatic! I texted Mike told him about the hunt and ask the the next Purple slate he made I wanted him to sell it to me. Mike wouldn't let me pay for the call. With all the bad we see and hear anymore it sometimes is hard to see all the good there is in people. Mike makes a damn fine call but he's a better man than his calls and that's a tall feat. Thanks Mike!
My beard is grey and my spurs short and I roost on the ground but I still gobble in the Spring!

Sir-diealot

Congratulations to the youngster. Mike is a real nice guy.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

3bailey3

Greg Massey

Awesome , congratulations to you both for making great memories ... Mike is one fine gentleman ...

Tom007

Awesome story, congrats and yes, Mike is a real stand up guy!
"Solo hunter"

GuideGun

Awesome story, Mike is a awesome guy. Always carry one of his calls with me.
Matt

Big Jeremy

Mike's calls are awesome. I have a copper from him, a crow call, and a grunt tube. They are all fantastic!

And, obviously, Mike is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zobo

Nice gesture by Mike, he's given calls away on this forum too.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

Notsoyoungturk

Congratulations, You have added a new member to the legion.  That was a gift from you to your grandson and from Mike to you.  I don't have any of Mike's calls but that is the kind of guy with whom I want to do business.
A hunt based on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be - Fred Bear

bear hunter

congradulations. Mike makes some nice calls.

the Ward

That's awesome, congrats and kudos all around!

Turkeybutt

Congratulations go out to you and your grandson. A memory you both will never forget.
My dealings with Mike have always been awesome. Mike's a good man to do what he did.

JeffC

Congrats to your grandson!! And thank you to Mike, great guy!
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

M,Yingling

Quote from: Palmetto Pirate on February 26, 2023, 09:43:54 PM
My 8 year old Grandson took his first turkey today during the Florida youth hunt weekend. It was a nice 8 3/4 inch Osceola. I was using Mike's Purple Slate on black cherry pot. After the hint I dated the call and gave it to my Grandson he was ecstatic! I texted Mike told him about the hunt and ask the the next Purple slate he made I wanted him to sell it to me. Mike wouldn't let me pay for the call. With all the bad we see and hear anymore it sometimes is hard to see all the good there is in people. Mike makes a damn fine call but he's a better man than his calls and that's a tall feat. Thanks Mike!

hey Russell

again Congrats to u and grandson on his first turkey Thats for some great memories , was great seeing the pics and u handing the call over to him ,, and no problem on the call u been a great guy deal with over last couple years  Its great always seeing them kill pics weather my calls was involved or not thats whats keeps me going in this small hobby and the turkey are the true judges on how call sound

Good Luck Rest of Season
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

guesswho

Big congrats to your grandson, and a tip of the hat to Mr. Yingling.   The turkey hunting fraternity has its share of jerks, but it also has its share good ole boys.   Well done by all, and may the turkey Gods continue to shine on y'all. 
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff